Author Topic: What about changing clothes?  (Read 4681 times)

Offline goedkaal

• Learning the way of Sly
What about changing clothes?
« on: January 14, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »
So I was wondering what you guys think about clothing and related stuff for bald men.

I shave my head and I can grow a beard to give my face a more masculine look, but do you guys think that clothing also change your appearance positively? I started to dress differently than when I head hair, because now I am conscious about the way I look. I feel that society looks down on bald men and that's why I have to step up my fashion game, my fitness level, my confidence.

What do you think? Should a bald man be more aware of his fashion game? Maybe dress more business-casual or more streetstyle according to his personal interest? Are there fashion rules to apply specifically for bald men? I never see an advertisement with a bald man, but maybe that's me..

Thanks for your help!

P.S. obviously I'm not the guy on the pic... :D

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: What about changing clothes?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »
I started dressing more nicely when I went sly, but most certainly not because I felt that "society looks down on bald men", but because I felt better about myself and the way I looked.

And, I don't believe that there are any "rules" that apply to all sly guys -- wear what makes you happy with your look.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:34:55 AM by TheSlyBear »

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »
Dressing well is always positiv .Ii take issue with you that people look down on bald men and that you never see ads with bald men.

Perhaps this is true in your country but here in Australia there are quite a few ads with bald men and I  have never felt any stigma about having a shaved head.  After all it is just another hair style and one I  prefer.
Roger

Offline beardbald

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:54 PM »
People should dress how they feel comfortable and to suit their body shape.

What works for one won't work for another. Do what works for you. Looking better and feeling better about yourself will never do you harm. However don't measure yourself against others is the biggest key. 

The guy in the picis Luke Goss, he used to be in a UK band called Bros. He looks amazing for 47 but he doesn't have a full time job so can spend a lot of time in the gym, with personal trainers. His twin brother Matt has had hair transplant funny enough   

Enter your email address: