Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens ***S*P*O*I*L*E*R*S***  (Read 3760 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Star Wars: The Force Awakens ***S*P*O*I*L*E*R*S***
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:48:19 AM »
I wanted to start a thread to discuss the movie for those have seen it. This is intended to discuss the film.....so if you haven't see it yet STOP READING NOW. You've been warned.....from this point forward spoilers ABOUND!!

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens ***S*P*O*I*L*E*R*S***
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 08:50:41 AM »
My reaction in one word is: Familiar. So much of the movie just made it feel like I was watching a proper Star Wars movie. So much of what I had hoped for in the prequels - and that was missing - was in this movie. What are your thoughts?
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:40:34 AM »
I saw it last night. I thought it was really good. So much better than the prequels. I thought it had enough nostalgia that fans would like, but at the same time I really liked the new characters more by the time the end came. I wish Luke had a bigger role in the movie, but I think they set him up nicely for the next two. I can't wait to see how Rey vs Ren plays out. He is clearly terrified of her.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 06:53:57 PM »
I love Rey and Finn! And I love that we have a complex and conflicted antagonist in Kylo Renn. He is what Anakin should have been in the prequels!

The whole movie just felt right, and the characterizations were spot-on. Not the greatest movie ever made, but it was an awesome Star Wars movie with interesting characters, exciting scenarios, and lots of heart.

Offline agentfortyseven

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 01:02:10 PM »
I smiled through the whole movie I thought it was great! But I tried to go in without too many expectations. It isn't a perfect movie or the best ever but it was great fun and a great star wars movie and I loved  it. The best part is that my 7 year old daughter loved the movie and got excited about star wars too, right after the movie was over she asked if I could take her to watch it in 3d sometime hahahaha so we had a nice dad n daughter date last weekend and caught the imax 3d still loves it the 2nd time through. And I agree with what one of you said about it being nice to see a conflicted villain in kylo ren rather than the typical black or white version of a vilian I like the grey area there I really look forward to see how his arc plays out