Author Topic: Oily face?  (Read 4261 times)

Offline Bion1985

• Sly Guy in Training
Oily face?
« on: October 15, 2015, 11:25:27 PM »
So along with shaving another important part of facial skin care is cleaning. I have a issue with oily skin. I went out today and bought a daily face scrub and exfoliating scrub as they have not been a part of my routine in the past hoping they will help. I will see how they work on it but does anyone have any other advice for guys with kinda oily skin? Should I be using a moisturizer on my face also? Any advice would help.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Oily face?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »
I have somewhat oily skin.  I'm learned to appreciate it because it does mean I'm less likely to get wrinkles as I age, hehe.  What I was told is that it's best to wash your face at night.  If you wash in the morning, your body will overcompensate and produce more oil.

Offline Bion1985

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 07:25:07 AM »
Thanks might try nightly washing. Used to hear also that you should do it in morning and before bed. But I've also heard if you dry yourself out too much you do produce more oil in the skin to try to correct the dryness.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 04:39:41 AM »
I've also heard that the skin overcompensates for dryness also, which is why it isn't good to wash more than is necessary.