Author Topic: Hall of Famer Baseball Player: Tony Gwynn dies. May he RIP  (Read 4456 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Hall of Famer Baseball Player: Tony Gwynn dies. May he RIP
« on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:22 AM »
Hello fellow chrome domes:  I hope all is well with you and your families.  As a big sports fan, I am saddened to report that Tony Gwynn died today at 54.  He battled cancer for years.  I am going to miss him because he was a legend and true gentleman of the game of life.
Prayers go out to him and his family and close friends.  May he rest in peace.  He played 20 years in San Diego.  He had a career batting average of 338.  His last year in 2001, he batted 324.  He is truly Mr. Padre.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11091626/hall-famer-tony-gwynn-san-diego-padres-died

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hall of Famer Baseball Player: Tony Gwynn dies. May he RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:12:49 AM »
I'm watching ESPN as I type this......my prayers and condolences to his family, friends and fans of him everywhere (including myself) A pure class act and gentleman who was taken away from us much too soon.....Thanks for sharing, Mel.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:55:47 PM »
OMG!!!!  I hate to hear that.  I had so much respect for him growing up and watching him play the Braves while he was a Padre.  He was one of the best hitters for average of my generation.  My prayers and condolences go out to his family and loved ones!  Wow!  He was taken way too soon.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »
His son plays outfield for the Phillies. May he R.I.P.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
  Tremendous loss,not just for baseball but for everybody. This man epitomized what class and professionalism are supposed to be. Rest in peace Mr. Gwynn.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:14:23 PM »
  Tremendous loss,not just for baseball but for everybody. This man epitomized what class and professionalism are supposed to be. Rest in peace Mr. Gwynn.
Again... I am still shocked.  I so agree that this is a tremendous loss especially after Father's Day. The baseball world will never be the same. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!