Author Topic: bad head shape ready to give up on being bald  (Read 50195 times)

Offline yohnazo

• Game Designer
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • A happy young guy who decided to try being bald
Re: bad head shape ready to give up on being bald
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »
I don't think your head shape look bad at all, the only thing I can guess you don't like it that the top of your head looks slightly bigger than your lower head. I don't think that's a bad thing though, it reminds me of Zach Blair from Rise Against ^^
I'm just a university student who one day decided to shave his head, and decided to keep on doing it because he liked it.

Offline restless bald guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Be bald and proud
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 08:34:59 AM »
It looks fine to me .Just may takes time to get use to .I have a tan line that I didn't  like at first I got use to it and it is getting better.But I didn't give up on being sly.So what I'm trying to say hang in there.,welcome to the best place for encouragement and good advise from people that been there.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:38:32 AM by restless bald guy »

Offline Emann

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »
Dude you look cool ass hell, plus you have a defined Jawline which many people who want go bald want… Looks awesome !..keep it

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
How long you been sly? Nothing wrong with shape as others have said. Give it time and you will realise how wrong you are now!

All the best

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
  • been shaving since 5-14-2012
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 03:21:31 PM »
it looks good man!! dont see anything wrong with it at all.  O0
sly for life!!!

Offline Trip

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »
looks like a normal dome to me....

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 01:52:00 PM »
It looks good to me.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 05:05:10 AM »
Honestly looks fine to me i mean look at my head my head goes pointy in the crown area you can kinda see it in my pic but who cares.
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 10:07:33 AM »
Echoing other replies. Your head shape looks fine.

Offline AgentBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »
Agree....shaved dome looks great on you.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline Steeltoe

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »
Sure, I see it, you've got a wide cranium, and your face is long and narrow. We all deviate from average. I have no neck. So what.  I am guessing hair on your head actually makes it more pronounced, not less.

The chops make all the difference, filling out your cheeks. Keep the shiny dome AND the chops. Let 'em get thick, even bushy. Great look.  Rings in your ears would also help balance your face with your cranium.

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 04:02:49 PM »
You look great, man.

I sort of have an oval head shape that bothers me from time to time.

Offline prowlerintheyard

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 12:40:06 AM »
I apologize for the delayed response. I have to thank you all for your kind and supportive words. It means the world. It actually does.

To clarify, my struggles with self-image transcend my baldness. I grew up a misfit, being told I was ugly from an early age, and believing it. Even in high school, long before my hairline started receding around age 17, I remember someone laughing at my head, saying it was shaped like some sort of alien. That comment alone has solidified an image of myself as a freak, still haunting me as I type this. Truth be told, I envy the head shape and bone structure of nearly everyone on this site. I never appreciated myself. I went bald because I straightened my hair so compulsively and obsessively merely because I hated my bushy, curly fine hairs and wanted the slick, thick locks I simply wasn't meant to have. I'd still do just about anything to have that sloppy, frizzy jewfro again.

The problem with baldness, when it starts like it did for so many of us at so young an age, is it robs the idealist of his youth. Not only is he forced to become a version of himself he never anticipated, he must stare into the face of his death. Because I was not expecting to so closely resemble my father at age 20, falling follicles remind us that time is running out.

I shouldn't be surprised I never liked my head shape, but I am learning to be positive about myself in a way that is new and strange to me. I am not sure whether I am finally accepting my unbearable ugliness or waking from a horrible, introspective nightmare, but more often than not, I am learning to like what I see. My hairline reaches back almost as far as my ears, but I've realized that I still have the vast majority of my hair, and am enjoying some fuzz. Learning to live Sly, even if I don't adopt it as a lifestyle, has taught me a great deal about myself. I look at shaving my head (early January of this year) as existential progress, and I'm excited to keep moving forward.

Again, I must thank all of you for building this wonderful community and for making an increasing statistic of balding young mean feel less alone. I plan on being more active on the site now after my lengthy hiatus. I'll attach some more recent pictures in the meantime O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 04:03:45 AM »
Welcome back! Yeah, most of us got struck by baldness due to genes, but it doesn't have to be the end of the world for any of us. Thanks for checking back in, and keep us posted!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
Glad to hear that you're happier with your hair issues.  I agree with everyone else who said you looked good bald.