Author Topic: September Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 17006 times)

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
Re: September Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »
Ok I'm jumping on this train as off tomorrow!! Taking small steps at first, it's been a LONG time since I've really done any sort of intentional exercise so I don't want to injure/kill myself!!  ;D

Currently at 19st10 (267lbs), my aims for the remain of September are:

- Start somesort of regular exercise program
- Get back on the healthy eating train
- Loose half a stone (7lbs)
- Try not to put it all back on when I go to Amsterdam on the 28th!!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 01:49:04 AM »
Glad to see you finally made it here!

You seem to have the right attitude, so I am sure the weight will just fall off you, and you will be fit and healthy again in no time!

Good luck mate, and enjoy your trip to Amsterdam!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »
Welcome to the team Gearhead....committing is the first step....so check that off!
Cheers,
Ty

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 12:23:12 AM »
I just love the geek toys we get to use in our fitness pursuits....this chart represents my training loads from May to today...use a FT80 by Polar for weight and bike work.
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 02:46:39 AM »
I just love the geek toys we get to use in our fitness pursuits....this chart represents my training loads from May to today...use a FT80 by Polar for weight and bike work.
Cheers,
Ty

Wow, you really stepped it up since mid august, that is intense!

Just another little update from me, Last night I got yet another PB on the rowing machine, I shaved another 10 seconds (!) off my previous time over 2kms (~1.25 miles). Thursday nights seem to be good nights for me of late! Other then that I am still trucking along nicely... although my weight loss seems to have come to a halt, going to have to take a look at what I have been doing differently lately and put a stop to all the bad stuff!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 11:35:21 AM »
Congrats Warhawk on the great workout, keep it up.

Beardman you keep knocking out the PBR's that's cool!

The hill climbs have been doing wonders for the training load and V02Max improvements and have been a heavy focus this month, cut back on the weights to heal some, only lifting 3 times a week at this point but feeling pretty good.

You all have a great weekend and keep on pumping, running, and jumping!
Cheers,
Ty

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »
Just had another killer workout today... I'm hurting right now and going back again tomorrow. O:O

WARHAWK
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 10:20:40 AM »
Here is my check-in for 2/3rds of Sept...

been a while since a weigh in, as of this AM I dropped 3.8 pounds in September, had no goal on loss.

Have hit my 3-4 days of strength training per week even while traveling from coast to coast.

Have been bicycle riding above target at a avg of 150 miles per week. At least one 50+ mile, 2 or 3 20+ mile and several recovery rides per week. Focus areas have been hill climbs and cadence/RPM.

A lot of the focus the last two months has been heart health and Vo2 (Oxygen capability) I also did my heart and fitness test this AM, resting heart is now 58 BPM and my test values on the fluctuations fall in the 25 year old curve with good V02max scores :)

All green on my end, still a bum left elbow but focus on reps not weight to mitigate further damage till this winter when I get it looked at.....

How's everyone else doing?
Cheers,
Ty

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »
Ty, I think it's great how you're improving and sticking to your routine. I am hoping I can get myself going with my fitness, and a healthier eating regimen. Just can't seem to get it rolling though.
This is a good thread for inspiration though, keep up the good work.  O0

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »
Thanks for the kind words XNY!

I had several starts not stick when I decided to get back into a fit lifestyle, there were probably 2 things that finally helped me land it.

1) 30 days in a row do something to improve my health, no matter what level of effort. Just like we tell people to shave the dome for 30 days straight...aka Neuroplasticity, its a brain science that proves you can teach an old dog new tricks by remapping the brain.
2) logging every day my calories and my exercise, I use www.myfitnesspal.com for that. Even if I don't work out it lets me stay on my health kick by managing my calories, also lets me know when I can have celebration meals :)

Just got back from a 18 mile ride with my son, we burned it up all kinds of calories for tonight's feast!

Cheers,
Ty

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 07:10:51 PM »
@ TyMoore:  WTG on those 18 miles!!!

I didn't cycle no 18 miles but I am keeping up with my 3x week to gym routine.  I had a great workout today and I will go again tomorrow.  Hope everyone's workout is going smooth.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »
I had a great workout today.  I'm going again tomorrow to make it my routine three times a week to the gym.  I really enjoy my gym time.  After each workout... I just feel even better.  C'mon my fellow chrome domes... I hope that you will join us in the September Fitness Challenge. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 09:22:41 AM »
Way to go Warhawk!! Keep it up, you got a nice run going.....
If any of you decide to do a www.MyFitnessPal.com account, let me know we can link accounts.  Great support network!

Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »
Hey guys, well it is the 30th here for me, so I decided I'd give my breakdown, on what has been a pretty successful month of exercise for me... if not anything else (but that is a topic for another place...) As of my final weigh in 5min ago, I am 400 grams (less then a pound) off my next milestone of 198 pounds, I don't know how much more I want to lose... apparently I am only ~20 pounds off the average body weight for my height, but I don't really want to lose any more of my size to get down to it, so I'm thinking of switching to more weight lifting and less cardio.

As for my goals, I'd call less then 1 pound a victory for my weight loss goal, only 1 month late on that... but better late then not at all!

I just met my flat bench goal of 99lbs on wednesday night!

I've done better on incline bench then expected (lifted ~82lbs on wednesday), which really amazed me, and I'm almost back to the weight I was lifting before I injured myself on the incline!

I didn't reach my squat goal though, but with how I've gone this month, I'm more then happy with myself.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else has gone this month :D

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 11:02:16 PM »
Way to go Beardman, another strong month!!

I hit all my goals
-440 miles rode, several 50+ mile rides, avg ride is 20 miles+
-3 weight lifting sessions per week
-91.5 hours of work out time (bike and weights)
-6 pounds lost
-32,800 calories burned during sessions

Numbers came out better than I thought they would considering the business travels and a few lost days when I was sick....

Cons- Left elbow is still shot, working around it but even on the bike is acting up.

Hows everyone else doing?
Cheers,
Ty