Author Topic: "Why are you bald?"  (Read 37525 times)

Offline cincydavid

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: "Why are you bald?"
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 11:25:37 PM »
nm.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:16:29 PM by cincydavid »

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »
I haven't really got it from girls my age (I am 25) specifically... probably more from guys. But the female variety are a curious sort anyway, so of course they are going to ask the question! I find it best just to just answer the question positively and move on, if they are interested they aren't going to care in the end... and if they do, they aren't the girl for you.

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »
agreed beard man don't try and change us.

Andrei

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 11:06:33 AM »
When friends see you for the first time sporting the bald look I get the question, they are curious and not necessarily in a bad way so it's ok; but when  people that have already seen you with the look then the question is pointless: I shave because I like and that's what I want to do; isn't that obvious?

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
Even though I have been shaving for ages, I still get asked the question. In my Sly years, I have only had a few ladies ask, mostly guys that ask why I shave my head. When they ask "Why do you shave your head?" I respond with "Why did you get your hair cut/styled that way?" which they always reply with something like 'because I like it this way' or 'because it makes me look good' or even 'because it makes me feel good inside' so I always tell them I shave my head for the same reason. That normally stops the topic and we move on

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
When friends see you for the first time sporting the bald look I get the question, they are curious and not necessarily in a bad way so it's ok; but when  people that have already seen you with the look then the question is pointless: I shave because I like and that's what I want to do; isn't that obvious?
Should be, but 99% of people does not get the obvious things, sadly ;)
So you need to get used to this kind of questions every time.
Sometimes it happens to me to answer a question about my slyness in front of 4, 5 people.
Believe it or not, I always have to re-explain that answer later, to everyone, once more, INDIVIDUALLY.
Even after that, most of the time they're still unable to get the point or to accept it ::)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:48:41 PM by Cris »

Andrei

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »
Sometimes it happens to me to answer a question about my slyness in front of 4, 5 people.
Believe it or not, I always have to re-explain that answer later, to everyone, once more, INDIVIDUALLY.
Even after that, most of the time they're still unable to get the point or to accept it ::)

Maybe they like hearing the story over and over again, or it's just a topic for a small chat.

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 07:18:36 AM »
Even though I have been shaving for ages, I still get asked the question. In my Sly years, I have only had a few ladies ask, mostly guys that ask why I shave my head.
Classic.
Guys never get the point immediately, WHEN they get it.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 07:37:39 AM »
Someone once asked my with my shaved head if it helped me run faster, my response was yeah like a bullet.  What else is there to say.  :)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
Someone once asked my with my shaved head if it helped me run faster, my response was yeah like a bullet.  What else is there to say.  :)

There is nothing more to say mate  ;D

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 05:55:50 PM »

Maybe they like hearing the story over and over again, or it's just a topic for a small chat.
One time a friend of mine, wonderful looking woman said to me "the only reason why I like your bald look so much is because I KNOW that you can grow'em back whenever you like".
Women can be really intricate... :/O
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:08:40 AM by Cris »

MisterB9

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »
People ask me that a lot I usually just tell the truth that I don't have much hair left and the look suits me anyways.

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »
I think that the question is borderline rude and deflect it by just saying I like it that way.  Haven't gotten it a lot in a while, though.  Everyone these days seems to just accept it as a normal personal choice.

Offline good to be bald

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 04:32:39 AM »
why because i like it ,no i  :@` :@` :@` being bbc   O0 O0

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 08:53:38 AM »
People ask me that a lot I usually just tell the truth that I don't have much hair left and the look suits me anyways.
Yeah, and I just can't get their point, honestly.
Even if I have hair when I'm sly I'm sly just as everyone else.

Enter your email address: