Author Topic: Yeti's next tattoo  (Read 76135 times)

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
Yeti's next tattoo
« on: September 30, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »
Sitting at the shop, contemplating my next tattoo. Who knows if I'll get inked for the zillionth time today. hehehe Concert tonight, then cya all in the later evening. Stay shiny, your bro Yeti.

p.s. Shaved my goatee today, first time in years... lol why do I always do it once every great while. I always hate it. hehe It was getting quite long. Maybe grow a beard for Iowa Winter..? hehe L8r buds... All my best, ~Yeti

~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Yeti's next tattoo
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 03:02:40 PM »
Do you have room for more ink? lol I want to get one on my chest in Irish Ruin for my best friend that passed in 1998. His little brother designed it and already has it. Then I want to put "CASH" in bold black letters on my left wrist (underside) so I can cover it with a watchband if needed. Let us know what you get and where.

BTW-Are the pics on your MySpace page your personal tats? That's some wicked art.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 04:48:39 PM »
Yeti, with so many tattoos on your body real estate values on your skin must have risen to astronomic heights.
So you should choose your next tattoo carefully ("what" and "where"). And there must be a committee with a board
of directors to discuss the matter in lenght, consider various sites, compatibility with nearby tattoos etc. 
What did have in mind (ie what kind of tattoo)?

By the way, now that you've shaved off your goatee, post a new picture, will you? I'm curious...

PS: I am contemplating getting a tattoo as well. But I'm still undecided (it's permanent, it can be expensive etc.)...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 06:14:32 PM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:04:24 PM »
 I am definitely running out of area for ink thats for sure! hehe Only one decent sized area left would be my right thigh. Everything else is pretty much inked, well and my head, as I stated I don't plan on being the next Bam Bam Bigalo(sp?). hehe Luckily for me, since I live in an area with many highly specialized artists, I have a body full of customized art, no flash here. The pictures on my MySpace are, of course, mine, I am friends with the boys in Slipknot IRL. We are all Iowa born/raised down to earth good ole boys. There might still be a pic or 2 in my pics section of various tats. I was posting on the front page with new ink, but with the limited pic space in that section... I didn't wanna look vain about my art. hehe I have much more than 150 hrs under the gun and over 60 tattoos (many connected right arm fully sleeved and left upper arm sleeve begun). I ended up not getting any ink the other day, but I am tomorrow, Wed @ 3, so I will post a pic after. As far as a pic without my gote..... hrmmm I will think about it, lol I HATE my chin lmao...   ;)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 07:24:47 AM »
Sweet!!! I always like checkin out new art. Only thing really standing in my way right now is money, or I'd have new ink and then some.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 05:53:03 PM »
I heard that bro, luckily most of my art was done by irl Professional Artist friends, otherwise my hide would literally be worth a fortune to ME as well! lol   ;)
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 10:37:20 AM »
The guy who did my back piece was a friend, but he lives in Dallas now.

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 01:20:32 AM »
OK, I got some new art today, let me try and get a digital photo, after you see the pic(s) you will understand my issue taking the photo myself hehehe  (on my knuckles!)
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 01:49:29 AM »
Here are the pics... (Had to wake Mrs. Yeti for the last 2, lol she was ticked hehe)

~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 02:00:01 AM »
I like the strategic position of the hands as to not show the chin - minus the beard...LOL.

The art looks good bro!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 02:02:07 AM »
heheh you caught that?  lol nice... and Thx    ;)
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 03:38:50 AM »
My! You've got A LOT of tattoos, Yeti! ;D

Congrats on your new tattoo, bro! It looks great - I like the font style. It's got something mystic to it, just like the Yeti...

PS: Do you ever get refreshers for these tattoos? Meaning, do you ever have to have them redrawn (outlines) to keep the colours vibrant?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 04:54:42 AM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 10:21:59 AM »

If a tattoo heals properly, hence the artist does well, you stay out of the sun, and follow aftercare instructions, you really dont need a "touch up" for at least a decade. The cool thing is you can put lotion on, I prefer Lubriderm, and it will bring the vibrant colors right back out, making a tattoo look brand new, even if it's many years old. Outlines never fade, but colors can years later. In my experience, got my first tattoo in 1989 at Sunset Strip Tattoo in Hollywood, and tons more since, touch ups are only required when a lil dot is accidentally missed during the first session due to all of the ink that doesn't go in the skin and runs. Out of around 65 tattooes, I think I needed 3 touch ups, which artists do for free for life anyway, if it's a quality shop. But, if you go to a different shop for a touch up, they will obviously charge ya. It's pretty taboo to touch someone elses work and highly frowned upon.   ;) 
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 03:44:29 PM »
Very nice ink. I noticed the strategic placing of the hands also. lol

Looks great though.

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 03:51:05 PM »
Gracias me brudder  ;D
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------