Author Topic: Should of done this sooner  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Scissors

• Learning the way of Sly
Should of done this sooner
« on: June 04, 2013, 10:53:44 PM »
Hi all

I joined here a while ago when I first thought about going sly, never got around to it , until last night. I really didn't want to write this uni essay so I thought I'm going to do it.

Well I didn't have any the property tools so I used a pair of normal scissors and cut my hair as short as I could, jumped into the shower and used a disposable razor to do the rest.

I can't say it went smoothly, my head is pretty cut up,  I think this was because I was using too much force and probably shaving parts too much...live and learn I guess.

Very happy with the results though, I much prefer being sly than balding trying to cover up bald spots.

I'll be wearing a beanie outdoors until the cuts heal, hopefully not too long though.

Offline Scissors

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Should of done this sooner
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »
Ok I have some questions, please move to another section if appropriate

1. Shampoo, for 22 years every time I got in the shower I would use shampoo this morning I was like, what do I do?

2. Will 10-15 minutes of sun a day be enough to get an even skin tone?

3. I ordered a headblade kit which comes with a few accessories, do I need anything else?

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:43:42 AM »
welcome...your head will need some care, now you don't need shampoo, try a face scrub, non perfumed, while in the shower, use a quality shaving cream, and a brush...much better than that crap in a can!  where are you from? if usa then im sure one of my American brothers will give you some product names to try, I use some shaving oil before I lather up, an alum block to take care of any nicks and witch hazel, to splash on for razor burn etc....re the sun...yeah...that should be fine....don't forget the sunscreen....