Author Topic: Do you know guys in your area- who are bald - that you can talk to?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
I met a guy today who is just on the edge to becomming SLY  - -He is bald and has MPB and is tired of having it cut at the barber every few weeks    - -He saw me at my store (my liquor and wine store)    He said  - -You have "just what I want  "  and I thought it was some wine or liquor   and he said "your shaved head" I do not know anybody to talk to about shaving   and I said "lets go  - - -ask anything you want"  - -He went home   and shaved the sides and came back two hours later to show me his   shaved head  - -and a very happy smile  - -and a Thank you - - -He said unless he had met me he never would have shaved his head       -  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:00:22 AM by mangosink12572 »

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: Do you know guys in your area- who are bald - that you can talk to?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »
That's what being "sly" is all about!  Good job bro!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »
There are a few guys who are sly at the hospital where I work (night shift). We have spoken in a limited fashion about scraping the dome. The cool thing is that once in a while I will be taking care of a patient who is sly and I seem to have more in depth conversations with patients about shaving than I do with co-workers.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 10:19:05 PM »
I have a few coworkers I talk to about it all the time. One of the guys in my dept. had a short buzz with MPB, I talked him into going smooth, he was hesitant but like I told him, its only 1/2", what will it hurt to go smooth. Now he cant go 2 days without shaving.
 Then one of the tech guys had bad MPB and kinda a comb-around deal going on. One day we were at lunch and I saw him staring at the dome. I was blunt and told him to shave it. The next day he came in smooth, he said the wife didnt like it at first but he woke up tp her rubbing it that morning. The owner of the store used to have longer hair (maybe 4" or so) and I noticed he buzzes it shorter and shorter every time, he is at about a #2 right now so its only a matter of time before its smooth.

Since I work at a pet shop I get lots and lots of customers that come through the doors daily. Everyone says I am very approachable to begin with which helps. Well the other day I saw a guy with a headblade hat so I dropped everything and we talked for a bit about shaving. Today I had a guy come up and ask for shaving advice, he just went smooth and used a shave foam and disposable razor, I took a break and we talked all about it.

Then before I was closing a guy came up, great shine on the top of his head. I thought he was gonna ask about critters but he asked me to help him with shaving. The guy is a regular, comes in a couple times a week for stuff and I always thought he would look good bald. I offered to help in anyway I could so we chatted about it for a few minutes and swapped email addresses, he said he was going to do it tonight (this was around 6). I got home about an hour later and checked my email and such and sure enough, he sent me pics of his now shaved head. He always comes in Sundays so it will be interesting to see.

Talking about shaving is always fun.

GASlick

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »
One of the nurses that works night with me is sly.  I've told him about the site actually.
For all of you that are my FaceBook friends, I posted a pic of us standing together the other day.  We just happen to have on exactly the same color scrubs.  lol  was to funny!

We share info all the time.

Enter your email address: