Author Topic: pimples on head but not razor burn  (Read 79896 times)

Offline DEwartD

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: pimples on head but not razor burn
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
I'm a 26 yr old male, always working out. I juice fruits and veggies, I eat well.. I'm doing decent things to stay fit as I can be. I find that when I run in the park (wearing a dri fit cap) and I sweat I have this nasty rash on my forehead and sometimes on the side of my temples.

Also I went out last night to an evening gathering it was hot,, but no sun directly on my forehead.. I also am breaking out a bit.. my head is itchy and I have small tiny bumps. I think this might be something not only with the sun but just as if my body cannot cool off. it seems whenever I sweat or start ot sweat it happens.

I know it's heat related.. has anyone found a remedy to stoping this annoying situation. I like showing of my DOME! btu if this keeps happening I'll have to cover it up.

Offline MNoutdoor

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 06:34:38 AM »
Does anyone have advice for bumps/pimples when wearing collared shirts?  I typically shave twice/day and always exfoliate/wash twice per day.  But I always seem to get bumps right where my shirt collar rubs the back of my head and neck.  I'm sure part of it is that I have a short neck but just curious if anyone has any tips?

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2016, 11:50:47 AM »
Bringing back this old thread.

Been suffering with this acne / pimples so stopped razor shaving head and only trimmed down to a grade 1 with hair trimmer.

Well, 8 weeks later and still get the spots!

So, today i shave the dome.

I have read all the post above.

Anything anyone can add now that we are 4 years ahead? lol Ta

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2016, 01:04:09 PM »
Goatee, sorry to hear you're still having acne issues. Are you happy to be bald again?

I think there are lots of different skin problems, and hard to figure out. I have tried every suggestion I read about without any luck. My acne/dermatitis comes back within a week or growing my hair back. I finally asked my doctor about it and he suspected folliculitis of the sweat glands. He said I could try doses of antibiotics, but I didn't want to do that. So he said I should keep shaving my head daily if I didn't mind being bald.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2016, 01:52:05 PM »
Nice to be bald again! Maybe i should try shaving every day then. Can be difficult with several spots around the dome.

Offline DanielLee5

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 05:11:58 AM »
Exfoliating+using quality oil for shaving. I also take shower twice a day and the problem almost disappeared. Here is a helpful and detailed article about problems like this https://healthyskinadviser.com/pimples-after-shaving/ , may be will be useful for someone.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 05:25:53 AM »
I wonder if a pre shave oil would help?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 06:41:51 AM »
A little off topic, but you actually look better without the glasses, Goatee!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 07:07:39 AM »
A little off topic, but you actually look better without the glasses, Goatee!

Ta my friend!

Aiming to grow the Goatee more now. I keep trimming it so will see how much i can stand the growth before i trim a little.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 07:42:35 AM »
I had the pimples when I fist stared shaving, but once my scalp became accustomed to the shaving they cleared up.
SlyBeard

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »
Has anyone tried switching to an Electric Razor to resolve getting pimples after shaving?
My doctor advised it's most likely due to nic's on my head from shaving with a razor. Basically told me not to shave my head if I want to fix the problem. Don't have much hair up there but enough that it will look odd if I don't shave.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2018, 05:13:31 PM »
If your getting razor burn, yes you can use an electric shaver. The foil type works good, you will be bald, just not quite as smooth as a razor. As your head gets toughened up from shaving, you can gradually switch back to a razor. Something that helped me when I started shaving was Bump Patrol. Walmart has it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!