Author Topic: tweezing  (Read 44891 times)

Offline Propagandhi

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Real men don't need hair
tweezing
« on: September 21, 2007, 10:03:38 PM »
Hello everybody. I'm seriously thinking about popping some advil and tweezing my hair out to have the ideal shadow free look. I was actually talking to somebody called zetaeffe and he gave me some helpful tips. Just wondering if there are others in this group who've had experience with tweezing. Obviously i'm a bit worried about the pain, ingrown hair and the possible infections that may come with it.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: tweezing
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 10:35:20 PM »
I was actually talking to somebody called zetaeffe and he gave me some helpful tips.
propagandhi....welcome 2 the sly forum. glad that ya found us.  zetaeffe  has a very slick & smooth dome but i'm still kinda hesistant on the tweezing.  right now.... i'll just deal with the razor shaving 4 now.  i don't have all the information such as costs & how often that u have 2 get your dome tweezed.  i believe that u have 2 go 2 a professional 2 get it done.  i have never heard of people self tweezing. 

i think u might need something stronger than advil 2 "kill" the pain.  well.... keep us posted & let  us know what u decide 2 do.  however.... that's one of the "wishes" of most of the sly guys here is a shadow-free dome.  we can't stand the 5-o'clock shadow. >:(

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »
im with ya bro...jsut dont know if the tweezing is gonna work..you know how many hairs you have on ya head?? might take a while..be better off just stickin ya head up against a grinding wheel.  LOL
Welcome to the forum buddy

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 01:33:31 AM »
Propagandhi welcome to the forum mate. Good name too,Propagandhi are one of my fav bands

I have thought about scalp tweezing myself too a few times but at this stage in my life I dont think I am ready to take that big of a step.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 04:38:21 AM »
Welcome to the group Progagandhi.  Glad to have you with us.  Sorry, no tweezing here either, though to be free of shaving would be awesome.  It would depend I think I whether you have MPB or are BBC.  A full head of head would have to take a long, long time and more than one bottle of Advil
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Propagandhi

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 01:57:55 PM »
Thanks for all your replys guys. I am mpb, i still have some hair left on the top of my dome though. So it wouldnt take me as long to get rid of all the hair on my head as somebody who's a BBC. I'm thinking i'm going to lose all the hair on my head anyway, so why not get rid of it all now. I heard the first time hurts like a bitch, but after that it becomes even easier than shaving. I dont know about you guys but i'm in my happy place whenever i think of a shadow free dome. I think it may be worth the initial pain. By the way Jdog, Propagandhi is the best canadian band ever. Celine Dion is just false advertising.  :D

KALBO

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »
Welcome to SBGs, Progagandhi! 8)

No tweezing here, I can only imagine what you stated you fear yourself...OUCH! :'(

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 03:44:50 PM »
Welcome Propagandhi, no tweezing for me either, I'll just go on enjoying my shaves.
I find that to be a bit too obsessive. I have dark hair and get shadow, but I also enjoy some stubble now and then. I shaved today after 2 days growth and it feels great, and in my opinion is good for the scalp.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 03:48:12 PM »
I think I'm with the others.  Until someone else decides to be the guinea pig, I'll stick with my razor.  The final product does sound enticing.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

X The Hierophant

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 04:43:21 PM »
Thanks for all your replys guys. I am mpb, i still have some hair left on the top of my dome though. So it wouldnt take me as long to get rid of all the hair on my head as somebody who's a BBC. I'm thinking i'm going to lose all the hair on my head anyway, so why not get rid of it all now. I heard the first time hurts like a bitch, but after that it becomes even easier than shaving. I dont know about you guys but i'm in my happy place whenever i think of a shadow free dome. I think it may be worth the initial pain. By the way Jdog, Propagandhi is the best canadian band ever. Celine Dion is just false advertising.  :D

I found a web site a while back devoted to tweezing head hair for bald with no shadow.  I don't remember the site name :( ... but the guy there uses an epilady type machine and said that he used tape to expose only a narrow strip of head hair at a time.  He said it is VERY painful the first time and took him all weekend, but after that the skin gets accustomed and the hair grows back slowly (and some follicals will die each time).  Now I believe he only has to do a bit of maintenance now and again to keep it going, but a lot of the hair loss from tweezing is permanent, so once you do if for a while you have to stay with it...  I will look and see if I can find the website.

Let me know if you try this.  It sounded hardcore to me.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 04:49:15 PM »
Ok ... took me a few minutes but I found it again.  Try this site out.  Looks painful to me, but if I may consider it one day ... who knows...

http://www.scalptweezing.com/

There are several groups of images of guys whoe have tweezed.  One guy tweezed to get the MPB look (which is unusual), but there is some other guys who tweeze for the full bald look.  And it looks shadow free...

I bet it hurts like hell though
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 04:52:15 PM by X The Hierophant »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 05:30:20 PM »
Welcome Propagandhi.  Think I will stick with the Fusion
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Propagandhi

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 06:27:47 PM »
Yes scalptweezing.com that's how i came up with the idea in the first place. I don't mind shaving either, ofcourse at times it could be frustrating. In my opinion, if you don't have any hairloss, it's not necessary. However, if you have MPB, the whole shadow on the sides even after a fresh shave doesn't look all that natural. The technique the guy came up with (packing tape and electric tweezers) makes it seem managable to go ahead with this. 

jusbnme

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 08:28:51 PM »
Welcome Propagandhi.  I had thought of trying it once when first seeing it mentioned on the forum but since have change my mind.  I think I like the act of actually shaving the noggin everyday. 

X The Hierophant

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 08:32:01 PM »
According to that site after the first time or two it isn't that bad.  I can see how that would be true.  For example, I tweeze hair between my eyebrows (I suppose I would have one of those unibrows going on if I didn't).  I have been tweezing there for over a decade and now hardly any hair grows back (most of the follicles have died) and as a bonus it doesn't hurt the least bit now ... but I remember the first time I tweezed there it wasn't fun.  Maybe the area gets desensitized or something...

Let me know how it goes if you decide to give it a go.  And I would recommend some alcohol to go with your advil ... you may need it.  O0