Author Topic: Growing back hair is difficult  (Read 2571 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Growing back hair is difficult
« on: September 16, 2017, 08:31:50 AM »
Nearly 2 months since I shaved my head. I've been working with a dermatologist on some scalp issues, so no shaving for now. After 4 years of slyness, it is extremely hard not to get the razor out. I'm keeping it clippered short, but th urge to shave is always there.

I have had some interesting comments from my carshow buddies. Most assumed I had mpb, not BBC. I'm sure I'll get some crap from them when I return to a shaved head, as many of them are holding on to some scraps.

Funny, I find myself wearing hats more now. Not a fan of the buzzcut look.

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Lenza

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Growing back hair is difficult
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 02:34:51 AM »
I feel you on fighting the urge to not shave. I like the feel of even 1-3 week long hair, but shaving it can make weather conditions feel really nice. Breezes, rain, wind as you're driving down the highway during the summer...

Funny that you're actually wearing hats more often. I'd never really worn a hat in my life until recently, only recently had I started to like the look of a hat on my head, which was a personal development unrelated to any hair loss revelations. I just happened to start to get into 'em, and now I love wearing 'em. It's just a coincidence that I have no hair on my head now. The hats surely didn't cause any loss and I'm not trying to hide it or anything, even though I'm sure there are guys who try and do just that.

If your car show buds are still hanging on to scraps of hair at their age, I would laugh at any crap that they give you for shaving. Especially if you still have a full head at your age. If they give you crap, you could always ask 'em why they haven't just taken the plunge themselves, if you want to playfully throw a little back at 'em. O0

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 07:52:35 AM »
Yes, several of the guys always wear a cap. So afraid to show their scraps of hair they have left. Several have commented on my shaved head, usually positive. I can tell many would like to join the sly community, but they just can't commit. If they only knew how liberating it is. If they would ask me, I would encourage them. Well, maybe when I return to sly, it will motivate someone.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 10:28:02 AM »
Growing back hair is easy......if I could only move it do my head I'd be golden

Offline willjames

• sly all the way
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • sly all the way
    • baldbookgeek my youtube