Author Topic: Shaved or No?  (Read 6886 times)

Offline Cascadian

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaved or No?
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:57:42 PM »
Hey guys,

I have had slowly thinning hair since 19 and went down the route of minoxidil/finasteride so it went pretty slowly. About a year ago I started shaving my head but I am not sure it's the right look for me. I thought I'd get some opinions as it's tough to ask for an honest opinion from people. I know many guys here would know the thought process and be a great resource. Here are some photos of shaved and unshaved.  What are your guys thoughts?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Shaved or No?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »
Welcome,  Cascadian!

If you aren't ready for the full headshave, I think the last two photos suit you well. You are thinning, but I think you can pull off a short buzz for a little while longer. But I would avoid the drugs because they can lead to performance issues if you know what I mean.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 01:22:52 AM »
I would go for the full shave, keep the facial scruff. You have a good head, nice smile. You will pull it off!

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 08:23:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  The shaved head looks great on you, and I think a bit of facial hair works well with it.  I also agree with Sir Harry, definitely avoid the drugs.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 09:07:59 AM »
Hey guys,

I have had slowly thinning hair since 19 and went down the route of minoxidil/finasteride so it went pretty slowly. About a year ago I started shaving my head but I am not sure it's the right look for me. I thought I'd get some opinions as it's tough to ask for an honest opinion from people. I know many guys here would know the thought process and be a great resource. Here are some photos of shaved and unshaved.  What are your guys thoughts?

Buzz looks great: strong/masculine. Keep it and your days worrying about hair are over.

Offline Cascadian

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 09:20:13 AM »
Thanks for the opinions and advice guys. This is a great forum. Keep up the good work!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »
I would keep the short buzz for sometime and the  go for a full shave.  Looks good

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
Just look at that photo of you with the short buzz and that great smile-  I rest my case!