Author Topic: Bald again  (Read 6720 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Bald again
« on: November 25, 2017, 11:12:29 PM »
Hello Guys:

I haven't had been on the board for a while because I cannot get onto it from my IPAD.  Every time I try the page loads but then I get a grey or black veil over the page and after that a drop down menu of choices to go to some rather questionable web sites.

I have been having more physical problems lately and my arms don't work so well. (Due to an old broken neck and also shoulder joint problems)  I had been sly for over a year this time until just a few months ago.  Shaving is not easy for me so I just went with a bald fade buzz cut for a couple of months.

I am getting ready to have more shoulder surgery on Tuesday and am since I am alone, I have been trying to think of ways to set up the hose to be able to take care of myself with only one arm for a month or so.  then last night I saw guy a BBC guy and I was envious - so I decided to go back to easy care!  I was at a public gym but I didn't care, I grabbed my razor and shaved my head without even getting the buzzcut clippered down first! 

Whew!  I feel clean again!!!!  I will just have to use UBER to go the barber once or twice a week while I recuperate again.  I sure hope that this goes well and that I can use my right arm again my New Years - I have a new job waiting for me in Florida!!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bald again
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »
Good luck and welcome back to sly!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 02:09:45 PM »
Sorry to here about your troubles.  I hope you have a speedy recovery after your surgery and regain full use of your arm.  So is the new job as a Barber?  I can imagine barber work will be difficult if your arm gives your trouble.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 06:47:26 PM »
Yes, the new job is as a barber.  I haven't worked all year because of health issues and it has been a year since I got my license.  If I don't get into the profession NOW no one will want to hire me.  So, I really need this arm to work the first week of January.  But as you know, shoulder surgery is PAINFUL and the rehab of my other arm took a full 6 months.  I don't have 6 months.  I have only one month.  I am going to have to work through the pain.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »
Sorry to hear of your shoulder problems . Hang in there soon or later we all go through some difficulties. In 2013 I survived a heart attack . Hope you have a good outcome , best wishes on your surgery.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 05:09:30 PM »
@Semi-Sly Good luck on your surgery.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »
I didn't let them do the full job because I was afraid of the length of the recovery.  But the pictures of the inside of my shoulder are REALY BAD.  So, let't hope that this "patch job" allows me to function long enough to take a job in the barbering profession.  Let's hope that I can put off the full job for a while yet.

So far pain is not too bad - probably because I didn't let them do the full job.  I can use my hand and my elbow but not my shoulder.

Next week I have to see another surgeon about my left hand.  why is all this happening when I worked so hard to become a barber?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 07:30:31 AM »
@Semi-Sly how is your recovery going?  Were you able to start your job as a barber?
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 11:05:55 PM »
Hello Slybeard:

Yes.  I started my job as a barber last week but the guy canged the days I was going to work.  I was supposed to work Thurs, Fri and Sat.  But when I got here he reneged.  He said that would be working Saturday 8 - 1 and all day Monday.  So, I really have no weekend time off to go anywhere.  The other barbers there are OK but the owner is really strange.  He has no upper teeth and he never cuts his hair, (has a long grey pony tail).  He only gives me the really old guys and customers that the other barbers do not want.

Today I worked in another shop. The guy was trying me out.  He liked what he saw and told me that I could have whatever days I want!  So, I am going to try working Tuesdays and Wednesdays and see if I get enough customers.  If I do, I will quit the Saturday and Monday job.  It is a bit farther away but it is in a better neighborhood.  It is a kind of a "hip"/urban clientele so I get to do some trendy haircuts.  I got to do a disconnect with a hard part, two bald fades and all of my customers were under 50 years old!  It is kind of funny though.  There are four other barbers there:  Two Black Guys, Two Puerto Rican guys - and then me!?!?  The owner is a very nice guy about 35 years old and he speaks almost no english.  I think that I am going to like this place!

Offline Sri

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 06:25:13 AM »
Hello Slybeard:

Yes.  I started my job as a barber last week but the guy canged the days I was going to work.  I was supposed to work Thurs, Fri and Sat.  But when I got here he reneged.  He said that would be working Saturday 8 - 1 and all day Monday.  So, I really have no weekend time off to go anywhere.  The other barbers there are OK but the owner is really strange.  He has no upper teeth and he never cuts his hair, (has a long grey pony tail).  He only gives me the really old guys and customers that the other barbers do not want.

Today I worked in another shop. The guy was trying me out.  He liked what he saw and told me that I could have whatever days I want!  So, I am going to try working Tuesdays and Wednesdays and see if I get enough customers.  If I do, I will quit the Saturday and Monday job.  It is a bit farther away but it is in a better neighborhood.  It is a kind of a "hip"/urban clientele so I get to do some trendy haircuts.  I got to do a disconnect with a hard part, two bald fades and all of my customers were under 50 years old!  It is kind of funny though.  There are four other barbers there:  Two Black Guys, Two Puerto Rican guys - and then me!?!?  The owner is a very nice guy about 35 years old and he speaks almost no english.  I think that I am going to like this place!

Maybe I could visit you at work when I'm in Chicago for a head shave? 🙂

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 09:01:45 AM »
Sorry the first place did not work out as planned, but it sounds like the new place may be a better fit for you if it works out.  I sometimes wish I had the hair of my youth back to try out some of the new trendy haircuts.  But then I think of how cool sly is.  I assume you shoulder is doing well since you are working.

Good Luck.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 10:52:29 PM »
after two full days in a row of working with it, the shoulder is screaming!  I have ine day off and then have to work Saturday at the first shop , (but not expecting much business there).   I have decided to tell them that will be my last day there after that I’m taking three days off and then I’m going back to working at the new shop to days a week it is a good fit for me I’m surprised at how excepting and nice to me these younger guys hav been.   today was a slow day for them but even with five of us at the shop I got to do four haircuts -  and one of them was a high and tight Flattop!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 05:08:24 AM »
OMG!!! Semi-sly... quick recovery!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 06:10:00 PM »
Hope your shoulder is better after some rest.  I always wanted a H&T flattop, but my hair never cooperated for the flat top part of the cut, so I never tried the H&T part either.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: