Author Topic: Fusion Pro Glide  (Read 5979 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Fusion Pro Glide
« on: May 18, 2015, 03:52:19 AM »
Normally, I don't post about product reviews, but I had to share my experience with the Fusion Pro Glide. My first experience with it was in April when I went to The Art of Shaving in Texas (I was going to post about that experience, but I was having problems with the site at that time). The barber at TAOS used the Fusion Pro Glide before his straight razor and it actually did a solid job. I asked him before I left what was the power razor he used before the straight razor, and he told me about the Fusion Pro Glide and the maintenance requirements.

Fast forward to Saturday. CVS had a sale, and I just had a few extra bucks that probably would have been wasted on something else, so I bought one and a small can of gel for $2.27 just for curiosity. I'd figure if I get in a situation where I'm away from home and/or short on time I could always use a razor for a quick, short term head shave. So I went home and tried it. Talk about a close shave! This razor shaved so close, I wound up using the DE for a touch-up, but if I were short on time, I would have been happy with just using the Fusion. That said, I still am a DE head shaver first and foremost, but if I have to leave home on short notice, it's nice to have something to pack that takes up very little space in your shaving kit. The extra single blade for facial hair shaping/shaving did a nice job in shaping up my beard also. The only downside is that replacement blades for the Fusion are  a little pricey but if you care for them properly, you can get quite a few uses out of them.

Replacement blades notwithstanding, I give this razor a 10!

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Fusion Pro Glide
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:21:18 AM »
Fully agree with you, Harry. So far, it is the best razor I have used.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 09:34:28 PM »
I agree too. Fusion Proglide is a good razor.

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:55:21 AM »
Yes definitely a good razor.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 11:10:02 AM »
The fusion Pro GLide is a great razor even though the replacement blades are a bit expensive.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »
The fusion Pro GLide is a great razor even though the replacement blades are a bit expensive.
DITTO.

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 05:41:02 AM »
The fusion is the best, followed by the Mach 3. 

The most dangerous blade I have used and would warn people not to use on their head is Harry's (no connection to "sir Harry). There is a fault in design of the blade, at  the bottom blade there is a flimsy piece of plastic not a metal bar it can flex allowing the blade to gouge out a piece of skin like a potato peeler. You would not think a cartridge razor could injure you in this way so if your using it be careful. I wrote the company and they refunded my money. The razor has a nice handle I wish it could use mach 3 blades.
shine and share

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 12:10:36 PM »
I bought some mach 3 blades from eBay, UK seller... And they were fake! Really bad pull, not sharp at all!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 07:43:27 PM »
I've used the fusion but not the pro glide . Mach 3  best in my book .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Rob50

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 10:53:02 AM »
Fusion Pro Glide is what I use. It's been the best. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 01:09:22 PM »
I've purchased fake blades before on Ebay. It socks when that happens.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
  • Est. Sly Warrior since 2011.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 01:51:35 PM »
A little late to this thread but I just bought the new Fusion Proshield. From what I have gathered it is pretty much identical to the ProGlide except for the added lubricated film on the other side of the blade. Would this be a good choice?

Enter your email address: