Author Topic: Waxed scalp  (Read 11200 times)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
Waxed scalp
« on: October 15, 2014, 12:23:11 PM »
About 4 years ago, I tried to wax my head at home with one of those cheap kits from Walmart. My hair wasn't long enough and I didn't know what I was doing so it was a disaster. A friend went to schook for waxing and posted on her facebook that she wanted to try waxing a scalp just to say she did it. Well, I took her up on the offer. It took exactly a month to get my hair to the 1/4" required. Last night was the night, we got started and found out it was better for both of us if she used smaller strips and did it chunk by chunk. After about 3 1/2 houre we were both tired so called it a night. It is about half finished, the other half will be done on Saturday. Overall the pain wasn't too bad because she used a good wax. Other than maybe 20 stray hairs, it is smooth amd no shadow! Right now it just feels like I have a sunburn.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: Waxed scalp
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »
Mike, glad to see that you are Sly again.  Frankly, I don't get what the advantage of waxing is.  I've had very small areas waxed to clean up my eyebrow line and it hurt like hell.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 02:05:28 AM »
wow Mike!
this is amazing - can you post some pics?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:58 AM »
I'm thinking you have a high pain tolerance.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »
So now that you did it, will you do it again?  I have heard that waxing becomes easier and less painful after it has been done a few times.
SlyBeard

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 10:09:40 AM »
Look forward to hear about the final results!  O0

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »
So now that you did it, will you do it again?  I have heard that waxing becomes easier and less painful after it has been done a few times.

I can speak about tweezing, but it works the same way: yes it gets way less painful because after the first time there's much less hair to pull out.
So it gets less and less painful if you keep doing it. If you let alll the hair grow back then the more hair the more pain.

Offline Bizarro

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:16:25 AM »
This is really interesting!

Mike are you going to keep waxing your scalp? We want to se the result!

Zetaeffe is our Master Tweezerer :D How many times do you have to tweeze your scalp in a month? eyery week?

Is waxing/tweezering the best way to get a real shadow free BALD head?

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 11:42:10 AM »
I will stick with a sharp razor.   Waxing sounds just too painful

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »
Plus, if you do half now and then half on saturday isnt your hair going to grow back patchy?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 12:53:58 PM »
I used to have my back and shoulders waxed regulary; until I broke down and had them lasered.

When waxing consistently every 4 to 6 weeks the hairs tended to grow back in more fine in texture.  When I let it go for 6 months or more, (like when I was deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan) it would grow back in to its original consistency.

I got really tired of the expense and frequency of waxing so when I got it lasered.  After numerous lasering sessions all of the hairs that had color in them have died.  The hairs that had already turned white or grey were unaffected by the laser and still grow as normal.

Offline agentfortyseven

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 01:19:43 AM »
Sounds like quite the experience, although no shadow would be pretty sweet! I let a gal wax my chest once and holy hell once was enough! Let us know how it turns out

Offline meanderthal

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 02:21:04 AM »
I am very eager to see the results. I have wanted to try waxing for a while.  Though I love to shave, i want the daily smooth without all the daily effort!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 09:04:37 AM »
I'm not sure if I would want to start waxing my head, since you would have to let it grow out to 1/4" each time.  That is a whole lot of time with an un-smooth head.  Plus, how did you manage to wait for four days until Saturday to have her finish the other half? 

She must have been a good looking friend... ;) >:D

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 11:23:44 AM »
The only thing i would wax is the wooden fireplace!! lol