Author Topic: Supplements  (Read 7802 times)

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
Supplements
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:38:21 AM »
Arm in arm with my Healthy Eating thread this really but thought I'd keep things separate.

Does anyone out there take any daily supplements and is it worth it?? I'm not talking magical weight loss/gain powders and potions or anything like that but vitamins. I don't and havn't in the past ever taken anything to boost my system but I suppose looking at a more healthy future it is something I've come across and I'm sure there are areas that we/I are deficient.

I've read that a decent multivit is a good place to start but even then a lot of the RDA's are massively low.

Any thoughts??

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
Re: Supplements
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:29:32 AM »
I take a multivitamin once daily for to prevent vitamin and nutrient deficiency, a B-vitamin complex once daily for energy metabolism, a fish oil capsule once or twice daily for heart health, and L-Glutamine two to three times daily for muscle growth and maintenance.  I drink a whey protein shake on weight training days immediately after working out. 

As far as the pills go, I have no idea if they're working or not.  I'm just trusting in scientific research.  As far as the whey protein powder goes, I can certainly see a visible difference in muscle mass and definition after using it in conjunction with exercise for months at a time.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:06:10 AM »
Right now I'm using a mega B complex. It's got anywhere from 100-plus per cent of the RDA on each of the different B vitamins. It seems to work for me.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »
Multivitamin, fish oil, niacin (reduces cholesterol), low-dose aspirin.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »
Centrum Silver, 1200 mg of fish oil !  Drink alot of water . O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline John125

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 03:39:09 AM »
I don't think that different kind of exercise is good to stay healthy. If you want to spend an happy life then must follow a diet plan and also do some exercise. In your exercise you can do some cardio or workouts but you  can also do yoga and some other aerobics.Beauty Salon Gold Coast

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 11:49:22 PM by John125 »

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:00:49 AM »
Just the GNC men's multipack here. The energy one. I've got a buddy that swears by Advocare though.

Offline slybald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 03:59:50 AM »
just eat healthy and drink some protein shake thats all :) 

Offline austen

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 04:21:49 AM »
Well daily supplement requirements of body depends on the amount of calories burn in day time including exercise and daily routine. Body requires vitamins, minerals, fats and proteins, calories on daily bases. Any less or more consumption will lead to nutritional imbalance in the body which results in abnormal weight loss or gain or reduction in immune power. So you need to choose correct vitamin or antioxidants to maintain your body weight. You can use orlistat for reducing your weight and green tea extract which help you in maintaining body balance. For more:http://www.pillsformedicine.com/
Hello friends, this is Anna Austen from Australia. At this time I am working in pillsformedicine.com as medical adviser.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »
Well, I take lots of them - (but then I buy every type of insurance imaginable as well).  Anyone who has ever seen me knows that it is not for "fitness" or body appearance!  It is just for general health and because I have led an extremely high-stress life and, as a result, am in poor health.

In ADDITION to the 6 prescription pills, one prescription inhalant, and two prescription injections EVERY DAY, I take:

1. Men's active pack from Costco.  It has seven pills in it, one of which is a multivitamin.  the other six pills are calcium (2), Vitamin E, Ginseng, Vitamin C and B Complex
2. CoQ10
3. Occuvite (for vision support) (Lutien, Omega 3 and Zeaxanthin)
4. B12 (the sub-lingual kind because the other kind just washes out of your body unless you are doing the inject-able kind)
5. DIM Plex,  (even though I take a prescription drug to control my estrogen the DIM is supposed to help what little natural control my body might still have)
6.  Acidophilus, a pro-biotic to aid digestion
7.  Citrucell, a fiber supplement
8.  And even though I take all of the above vitamins, my doctor has prescribed prescription strength Iron supplement, (Ferrous sulfate - 650 mg a day because I am supposedly severely anemic.

It is all just a plot to kill me off before they have to pay me any pension or social security money!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »
Multi vitamin ,try to eat a well balanced diet. Some kind of exercise each day. Walking ,hiking ,light weights , stretching,and toning.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."