Author Topic: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!  (Read 129938 times)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: "I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2017, 03:13:22 PM »
Excellent post . . . I sat on the fence for a long time before taking the plunge.  Now, I don't know why I waited so long.  Going Sly is one of life's great confidence-boosters!
  amen, brother.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2017, 04:27:10 PM »
Like I've said before, if you see guys with a shaved head and think, that looks good, you will probably think it looks good on you. Not everyone looks good shaved bald,  it there is really only one way to find out.

For me, it was a spur of the moment decision, curiosity I guess. Luckily, my head has a good shape, and almost all the comments were positive. For guys with grey or white hair, it's awesome not seeing that grey head in the mirror. Another plus is the shaving routine. I enjoy the process of lathering up my head and taking a razor to it almost every day. One way to take pride in your appearance I guess. Feels so neat and clean.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2017, 11:54:32 AM »
Yeah, I total agree. I understand what its like to be stressed about losing hair, and eventually being bald, but Im learning to embrace it, little by little. Some people say I look good that way, most say nothing. I don't care. Whatever, Its my hair(whats left of it) and my head, not theirs. Im not going through life with a comb over, a rug, or God forbid transplants. I do now want to have a thin, stringy mess on my head, and have to worry about it raining, or swimming, and it getting more messed up, or sleeping on it all night. With a shaved head, none of these things are a concern anymore. Im tired of guys getting on here and whining about the shapes of their heads. Enough already. Geeeesh. I think people just want attention, more or less. Quit being babies, man up.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2019, 12:18:04 PM »
Yeah, I total agree. I understand what its like to be stressed about losing hair, and eventually being bald, but Im learning to embrace it, little by little. Some people say I look good that way, most say nothing. I don't care. Whatever, Its my hair(whats left of it) and my head, not theirs. Im not going through life with a comb over, a rug, or God forbid transplants. I do now want to have a thin, stringy mess on my head, and have to worry about it raining, or swimming, and it getting more messed up, or sleeping on it all night. With a shaved head, none of these things are a concern anymore. Im tired of guys getting on here and whining about the shapes of their heads. Enough already. Geeeesh. I think people just want attention, more or less. Quit being babies, man up.
I agree with most of what you say, especially for us veteran cue balls. But . . .

I totally understand the initial apprehension for those just starting out. It took me a while to kick myself in the ass as a younger guy.

I remember not sleeping at night thinking:  will I look horrible; will woman date me bald; will I be like my dad;  once it's gone, it's gone, etc. I guess we all step into this on our own terms. No doubt, LONGTERM it's the best move but we all learn at different rates. Cheers.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2021, 09:22:07 PM »
I hate to bring this up but if you shave your head an you think it looks terrible then just put a hat on.  Your hair will grow back faster than you might expect.

Enter your email address: