Author Topic: if you want to appear warm here is a tip  (Read 8389 times)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
if you want to appear warm here is a tip
« on: November 24, 2008, 09:18:26 PM »
Hey guys, here is a tip if you think you appear cold, or if you want to appear warm.  You can take it or disagree with it, whatever you like. I'm just going to mention it, perhaps some of you have heard of other good ideas that you can share with us.
Well, here in Canada we had a federal election about 40 days ago.  The prime minister Stephen Harper appears
cold.  A significant number of people view him as scary and cold.  So, his advisors told him to wear colorful sweaters during the election campaign.  It appears that red or blue sweaters tend to make people appear warm.

Anyway, if there is anything like that that you want to share then please do so.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: if you want to appear warm here is a tip
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 01:21:33 AM »
That's great advice, though I don't think it has to be a sweater.  It could just be a shirt with color.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 03:28:28 AM »
I hate sweaters....lol.....but I do have some colorful shirts and your right on the apperance of warmth in colors....!!     O0

PE#1

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 03:32:32 AM »
Oh yeah man.  I totally agree with you here. 

My wife has commented on this many times.  I usually wear dark colors like black or dark blue.  I bought some more "colorful" shirts recently.  Light green, lighter blues, red, etc...  They really do make a difference in your overall appearance. 

Good share bro.  O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 05:08:03 AM »
I love blacks and greys............

I just can't picture Lance in a light green shirt............... :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 05:29:03 AM »
That's great advice, though I don't think it has to be a sweater.  It could just be a shirt with color.
'

It's CANADA Ty!!!!!  It HAS to be a sweater  (or a parka)  ;D :*))
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 07:45:03 AM »
Any trick to pull the wool over the voters eyes.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »
Hey guys, here is a tip if you think you appear cold, or if you want to appear warm.  You can take it or disagree with it, whatever you like. I'm just going to mention it, perhaps some of you have heard of other good ideas that you can share with us.
Well, here in Canada we had a federal election about 40 days ago.  The prime minister Stephen Harper appears
cold.  A significant number of people view him as scary and cold.  So, his advisors told him to wear colorful sweaters during the election campaign.  It appears that red or blue sweaters tend to make people appear warm.

Anyway, if there is anything like that that you want to share then please do so.

I have given a couple of my college buddies advice on wearing ties. Blue denotes trust and authority, red is a political color, yellow draws attention to yourself [good and bad] and it goes on. It probably works the same way.

Btw, being a Canadian myself whatever his advisors told him isn't working, he still only managed to win a minority government ;)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »

Raider colors, not necessarily the warmest of colors, but me likey.

To me, personality, genuine sincerity, a smile and what's on the inside has more to do with appearing warm than what's on the outside.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

PE#1

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 09:41:13 AM »

I just can't picture Lance in a light green shirt............... :*))

You shouldn't be "picturing" me in anything.   ;D

J/K

But yeah, I only have one.  It was given to me as a gift.  It's from a nice little restaurant in The Outer Banks called Mama Kwan's.  I didn't think much of it when I first took it out of the bag.  But once I saw myself in it I was like, "Cool." 

It has a Hawaiian kind of theme to it.  With pictures of tiki huts and totem poles on it.  On the back it says, "It's all good." 

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 01:27:41 PM »
I have to wear a lime green shirt for work and I hate it. In fact I hate all shades of green. Fave colour would be black I spose.

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 09:27:56 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts guys. 
A couple of things. 
Tyler, thanks for the t-shirt suggestion as it could also work, but then as Paul points out this is Canada!!!

Brkeatr , who doesn't hate sweaters?!  Honestly, sometimes I look around in my classes and I'm the only one with a t-shirt.  I hate sweaters.
shdwwlk, Harper could have had his majority this time but Quebecers didn't let it happen.  The rest of Canada was ready.  Sure the sweaters didn't get him a majority but it increased the number of seats.  He also messed up the last 2 weeks of election.
schro, you are right, except the problem is it will take a person a long time to know what's inside you, and how sincere you are.  The colorful sweaters speed up the process you know.  So this way the person will anticipate that you are a warm and caring person.

stephen0714, green sucks man.  I would never wear green lol.  If you like black you are probably pleased with dark blue as well.  So, you can give it a try!!!

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 03:42:06 AM »
A couple of things. 
Tyler, thanks for the t-shirt suggestion as it could also work, but then as Paul points out this is Canada!!!

Brkeatr , who doesn't hate sweaters?!  Honestly, sometimes I look around in my classes and I'm the only one with a t-shirt.  I hate sweaters.

Nice to know I'm not alone !!   lol    O0

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »
A couple of things. 

shdwwlk, Harper could have had his majority this time but Quebecers didn't let it happen.  The rest of Canada was ready.  Sure the sweaters didn't get him a majority but it increased the number of seats.  He also messed up the last 2 weeks of election.
schro, you are right, except the problem is it will take a person a long time to know what's inside you, and how sincere you are.  The colorful sweaters speed up the process you know.  So this way the person will anticipate that you are a warm and caring person.

stephen0714, green sucks man.  I would never wear green lol.  If you like black you are probably pleased with dark blue as well.  So, you can give it a try!!!

No option but to wear green m8. Its corporate colour. Bright lime green too. If any of you have ever been in ASDA in the UK you will know what I mean.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 08:12:23 PM »
A couple of things. 

Not the East Coast my friend! We're all Liberals here looking towards the NDP nowadays. I think a major problem was that a) their campaigning was too short and b) there was a lot of confusion about the different parties and platforms. Anyway I think we shouldn't discuss politics, it can get heated.