Author Topic: How to stay confident?  (Read 5003 times)

Offline studio882

• Learning the way of Sly
How to stay confident?
« on: January 23, 2019, 09:25:22 AM »
Some days I find are very good for me and others are not. I find myself taking pictures of my head shape like it's gonna change. I feel like my head is too big to be bald. I've been able to leave the house without a hat twice this week and too my surprise it was like nothing. No one said anything to me or anything I was like normal. Even though I'm obsessing over my headshape I'm trying to push myself out of my comfort zone. Any tips on how to stay confident? Do you think my look would look better completely bald. Thank you guys for all help and I can answer all questions!
Pictures of myself here

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: How to stay confident?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 09:42:36 AM »
You write this post before.

Nothing wrong with your head shape.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:38:16 AM »
head is completely normal, ditch the hats and enjoy

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »
You have a great head shape. Time to move on to conquer bigger problems.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline studio882

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 11:18:38 AM »
yeah I'm sorry I posted again I fell into a deep depression and have been trying to conquer.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 12:03:47 PM »
Let's put the headshape issue to bed, it completely normal, perfect. I think a shaved head would look great on you. Only one way to tell if you like it, SHAVE it. It will grow back to a short buzzcut in a few days. Most articles say people like guys shaved bald more than balding. As long as it doesn't create more stress for you.

First remember, nobody really cares about your haircut. It only matters what you want. I can tell you that I love how my shaved head looks. Love to shine it up and go show it off! The only thing I would suggest is to shape up your eyebrows to complete a well groomed look.

Be easier on yourself, you look good young man!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 05:59:01 PM »
You look fine! Most of us at times were insecure about shaving . If you like it, hang in there with time you will become more comfortable and confident.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »
Shave it! You're going  to love  the feeling.

The stubble cast some shadow,when you take it all off,many of the "irregularities" disappear.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 09:58:17 PM »
Some days I find are very good for me and others are not. I find myself taking pictures of my head shape like it's gonna change. I feel like my head is too big to be bald. I've been able to leave the house without a hat twice this week and too my surprise it was like nothing. No one said anything to me or anything I was like normal. Even though I'm obsessing over my headshape I'm trying to push myself out of my comfort zone. Any tips on how to stay confident? Do you think my look would look better completely bald. Thank you guys for all help and I can answer all questions!
Pictures of myself here
I was the same way staring out. It took me a while before my confidence grew. Once it does, however, you'll feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in yourself.  From what I can see what you have not is VERY stylish and works on you.

That look is 100% natural on you.

Keep your buzz and you'll never have to worry about hair or further hair loss again. It's a nice feeling to unload from your consciousness.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 12:31:13 AM »
yeah I'm sorry I posted again I fell into a deep depression and have been trying to conquer.

There; you said it, you "broke the code"!  There is absolutely nothing wrong with the shape of your head - and when you let yourself tell yourself the truth  - you know it! 

AndI know exactly how yhou feel because all of my life I have had the same deal  ,,,,,  What is really happening has nothing to do with your head  ...  What is really going on is that "Old Man Depression" wants to play the same old whiny ass tapes in your head because that is the only\ thing he knows how to do - so he just does it over, and over, and over again!  He just changes the subject line, (He tells me that I'm not tall enough, or I'm fat, or  am not as smart as other people, or  am not good looking enough to ever get a date, etc. etc. etc.).   

But HE is the one who is lame!  He is the one who only knows how to do one thing! YOU ARE THE ONE who had the balls to step out his comfort zone and try something new!  You just threatened Old Mr. D big time!  So he is going to throw a little hissy fit at you.  Don't listen to those old tapes!  You are already finding some new music!   You look damn good and you know it!  You feel it!  I can hear it in the voice of your posts!  And you make me proud!

So now take the "thrill" of being out of your comfort zone out for a stroll!  Burn all of your hats so that there is no turning back and let the rest of the world know that "You are in the building"!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 08:40:07 AM »

There; you said it, you "broke the code"!  There is absolutely nothing wrong with the shape of your head - and when you let yourself tell yourself the truth  - you know it! 

AndI know exactly how yhou feel because all of my life I have had the same deal  ,,,,,  What is really happening has nothing to do with your head  ...  What is really going on is that "Old Man Depression" wants to play the same old whiny ass tapes in your head because that is the only\ thing he knows how to do - so he just does it over, and over, and over again!  He just changes the subject line, (He tells me that I'm not tall enough, or I'm fat, or  am not as smart as other people, or  am not good looking enough to ever get a date, etc. etc. etc.).   

But HE is the one who is lame!  He is the one who only knows how to do one thing! YOU ARE THE ONE who had the balls to step out his comfort zone and try something new!  You just threatened Old Mr. D big time!  So he is going to throw a little hissy fit at you.  Don't listen to those old tapes!  You are already finding some new music!   You look damn good and you know it!  You feel it!  I can hear it in the voice of your posts!  And you make me proud!

So now take the "thrill" of being out of your comfort zone out for a stroll!  Burn all of your hats so that there is no turning back and let the rest of the world know that "You are in the building"!
e x a c t l y

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 12:05:23 AM »
Just jumping in here and not sure I am following it all. Shaved my head back around 12/13 and shaved every day for 30 days. Was feeling like maybe it wasn't right and grew stubble for a week. Looked in the mirror and thought how riduculous the stubble looked and got the razor out and took it all off. Reaction to my bald head has been great. People judge you on who you are not your head shape or or whether you have a full head of hair or not. If you are a good person open and accepting people embrace you on the same way. For me it feels good and looks better than trying to hang onto the past. Live in the moment and enjoy who you are as time marches on and enjoy the bald look just like you felt about having hair. Be confident in who you are hair or no hair. There is no differnece between between you with hair or bald. It is all about how you interact and treat other people. Brave Dave or Shaved Dave