Author Topic: Just seeking more advice, about feel and looks.  (Read 11705 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Just seeking more advice, about feel and looks.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 01:00:05 AM »
Dude! You already have the facial hair to go with a bald head! I thought you did the deed already. Not to mention, I'm sure with your size, you would command respect. So what are you waiting for?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 01:06:40 AM »
The pic above looks great, you should definitely go for it
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 06:14:19 AM »
thanks guys, that may be the problem, with my size, I'm so much bigger than a lot of people, scares them already, let alone with a slick head.  The reason I'm hesitant, again is my side profile with the dents and valley stuff.  Just can't get it out of my head, I see a lot of heads and don't notice what I feel.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 07:42:41 AM »
thanks guys, that may be the problem, with my size, I'm so much bigger than a lot of people, scares them already, let alone with a slick head.  The reason I'm hesitant, again is my side profile with the dents and valley stuff.  Just can't get it out of my head, I see a lot of heads and don't notice what I feel.

Dude, I'm willing to bet half my paycheck that at least 75% of the membership here has at least some abnormalty on their shaved heads...(75% of sly guys period) I hear that many women dig the Stone Cold/Goldberg look. To be honest the only who may notice your "imperfections" are other sly guys, but they won't say anything because in most cases they have their own. Until you follow through, you will never free yourself. As we always say, give it a try and you can always grow it back if you don't like it. Stick around, we're here to help and encourage.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 08:02:55 AM »
Just give it a 30 day try - you can always grow back what you have if you don't like it after 30 days.  Almost all guys that give it 30 days remain sly.
SlyBeard

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 05:14:27 PM »
Thanks again guys, I guess j was just hoping for some examples to help, you guys do rock, and I hope to be as confident as you guys, you wouldn't beleive it but up til just this march ish, I was a very confident guy, this hit me really hard I guess.

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 06:08:46 PM »

Sorry guys to revive this thread, but my days with hair are numbered and  I'm just scared again.  That valley on the top side right of my head still scares me.  So if anybody has an example it would be a ton of help for me.  Here's a pic of my side profile of where the valley is.  I know I still have hair here but this shows you how big my head is.  It's pretty deep.  Any help is again appreciated and I know I'm starting to get annoying, but you guys seem to help me when I'm down about this, so thanks in advance

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 06:13:06 PM »

Here's another photo, opionions, thanks again

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 06:58:12 PM »
You look fine to me.

We all tend to be our own worst critics. My head is flat at the back and I worried that it would look silly when I shaved. Other guys state that they worry their heads are too round. In the end, we discover that if anyone else actually notices an imperfection (usually no one does) they don't care and take it as just another aspect of our appearance like the shape of our nose and ears.

I am attaching an old avatar. It shows how my skull bulges out just above the ears. When I pointed that out to my wife, she told me I was being far too self conscious.

Once you shave, you will be amazed at how fast all the anxiety you are feeling right now will go away.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 08:25:09 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 07:29:23 PM »
Thanks cavedweller, I've read alot of your comments on other posts and I always enjoy what you have to say, I wish I could be more confident in all this, I really want to shave it and have it turn out that this crevice or valley isn't a big deal, but I just can't see it not standing out, but soon I won't have a choice, but yah my big head bothers me too but in all honesty, it's about right for my body size, but still doesn't mean it's not big, but again thanks, and thanks for the example pic!!

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 07:32:12 PM »
Another side profile from a higher camera angle

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 09:50:43 PM »
I can't even see what you are talking about.  What "valley"?  There is nothing there worth worrying about.

And you are correct, your hair loss is really quite noticeable.  So get over it and just get rid of the scraps and enjoy the freedom!

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 05:02:11 AM »
Thanks, but ya the valley isn't noticable with my hair there, I'm going by feel