Author Topic: Any recommendation for good noncomedogenic moisturisers?  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Nebel

• Learning the way of Sly
Any recommendation for good noncomedogenic moisturisers?
« on: April 14, 2013, 05:41:23 PM »
It's been just a bit over 30 days now that I've been bald, and it's been great, but I've noticed that I have acne on my head.
My sister recommended me something that "reduces red spots in bikini line area" (it did take a lot of convincing to use it, lol :p) and it actually works, but it made my head dry. What I used before that was some Nivea thingy (I don't remember what it's called) and I never had dry skin issue with that, but it did not fight acne.

Do you have any recommendations? Something that is widely spread, as I live in Sweden and might not have access to what most of you guys use.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
Re: Any recommendation for good noncomedogenic moisturisers?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
Anything oil-free should work, my favorite is Oil of Olay but not sure if they have that in Sweden.

Boots moisturizer from the UK is also a really good product, not sure if it makes it beyond the British Isles, though.

As long as the ingreditents list doesn't include paraffin or oil, you should be good.   

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 09:41:35 PM »
Rub your head with an ice cube for a few minutes to stop bumps. As for the dry skin, baby oil is a cheap alternative, but only use a few drops because it could give your head an unwanted shine if you use too much,
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Nebel

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »
A friend of mine recommended me Aloe Vera. So I went out and bought something called "Baltex Aloe 99". It seems to be just what I need, against acne and dry skin. I'll test it later tonight after I shave. It does not include oil :D

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »
nebel, aloe vera is good, one of the most natural products you can use, if you want an incredible shine use double strengh gell, the stuff is awsome. O0 O0 O0

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »
I get the odd spots too. Can be a pain when shaving. Currently use 'Bump Patrol'. Ordered an Alum block. I know that is good for cuts but will that help with the odd spot?

Offline AgentBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 09:06:38 AM »
I use HeadBlade's products and they work great to keep my scalp moist and bump free.  I use the ClearHead Bump Treatment immediately after my shave, (it burns a little but instantly treats the scalp and keeps away any bumps or acne).  Then I follow it with HeadLube Matte finish to moisturize the scalp but not make it super shiny.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Enter your email address: