Author Topic: Sly confidence  (Read 5597 times)

isleepinthebuff

Sly confidence
« on: January 29, 2013, 05:42:28 AM »
Last week I was really ill. I had a cold and virus and it knocked me for six! I will save you the details but I  ended up callling into sick to ork on Wednesday and Thursday, something I never do and  haven't been able to go to the gym as I felt so bad and coughing so much. On Thursday I didn't shave my head as I felt really bad, by Sunday the fact I had hair was getting to me. My hair grows quick but it is receeding and I now have a thinning crown but it is really notiable how it has thinned.

In work yesterday I felt quite self conscious to whether people were looking at my bald spot and I didn't feel in control! The relief of getting home from work and shaving it all off last night was immense! I felt smarter, hotter :*)) and more confident the moment I did it. It's amazing the impact it now has on me.

I remember the first time I shaved my head 5 years ago and I thought it was the worst thing I had ever done but now it's part of me. I am sly! Sly for me is very different to bald. You go bald but you choose to take the razor to your head and be sly.

It made me think of all the guys wrestling with "should I / shouldn't I" conflict. It's a big step but when you do it, it is the best thing!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Sly confidence
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 10:12:47 AM »
Great post!  I think a lot of guys deal with that if they decide not to or are unable to shave for a few days. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:23:03 AM »
Excellent post. If I don't shave for a couple a days I don't even feel like myself. Shave!.... Good as new!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:04:52 AM »
Same feelings here. I can be really super tired or sick as a dog but shaving my head always manages to make me feel better.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 01:26:52 PM »
Yeah, when I miss a day it looks pretty shite!
Lynchy

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 02:00:08 PM »
I try not and miss a day and have to say after yesterday I am not sure I will again!

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »
I'm glad you have dealt with baldness.

Leaving your head with a bald spot is a crime. Well should be!
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline Focus

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
I remember the first time I shaved my head 5 years ago and I thought it was the worst thing I had ever done but now it's part of me. I am sly! Sly for me is very different to bald. You go bald but you choose to take the razor to your head and be sly.

It made me think of all the guys wrestling with "should I / shouldn't I" conflict. It's a big step but when you do it, it is the best thing!

I felt exactly like you last August, when I first shaved my head. Even before the job was finished, I thought : "What have you done ?!!". Even my wife told me : "I don'tlike it". It was sunny, so it was easy to wear a hat.
All day long, I could not prevent myself from watching my head in the mirror or while in the car in the rear-mirror.
At the end of the day I told my wife : "Finally, I am used to my bald head." She answered : "Me, too." And I never stopped shaving it. Sometimes, I couldn't shave myself for 4 or 5 days and I hated it!

Offline JTH45

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 01:36:03 AM »
Awesome post.  I was the same way.  The first time I went sly was right before my afternoon philosophy course.  I wore a hat because I was nervous, but took it off once I got into class.  My philosophy professor (who was also sly) made a comment/joke about my head to me, and my questionable decision became a great one.  I try to shave everyday to keep the confidence feeling, but if I let it go more than 3 days, my confidence starts to slip a little.

Thanks for the great post!

Cheers!!
Cheers!!  C*$n

Enter your email address: