Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed?  (Read 11360 times)

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
Has anyone else noticed?
« on: November 22, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »
Saturday will be almost two weeks of being sly for me. Just yesterday, I was looking at all the people around me that had hair, and I noticed just how much UGLY hair there is out there, even people with full heads. Probably 90 percent of it was just terrible.

Anyone else noticed this?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Has anyone else noticed?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »
Yes. Hair is overrated.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:56:47 PM »
I suppose some people would argue the other way that there a really ugly bald men. It's preference, however baldness is not seen how it used to be. The prouder you are to be bald the better it works. The days of comb overs seem silly now

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »
What I find ugly is the desperation evidenced by the clutching onto a dying mop--less and less these days, but each guy I see who could be free and hasn't recognised the benefits is almost fustrating. 

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:42:32 PM »
I was behind a man today with one of the worst combovers I have seen and I had to stop myself from tapping him on the shoulder and saying 'shave it off'.
Roger

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:47:20 PM »
I was behind a man today with one of the worst combovers I have seen and I had to stop myself from tapping him on the shoulder and saying 'shave it off'.

I've seen worse. I work in a very large clothing store, and there's this man, who aside from having gone bald, has the sides shaved down with whatever little hair he has remaining practically lacquered on. Ridiculous is not the word.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
I have notice the same thing and actually have suggested to some men to shave their hair off completely and they will feel a lot better about themselves if they do don't know if they every do though I just can't help when I see someone who does something stupid to hide their baldness and except it for who they are ::)

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
There's a young guy in one of my classes that I assistant teach at the university who is doing the whole combover thing. Looks absolutely awful. He just needs to grow a beard and shave that noggin.

There's another older man I know that has a pretty small fringe left on the sides (Still dark hair), and it grows in all kinds of crazy directions toward the top of it. Looks totally ridiculous... He would look way better sly.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 03:06:31 PM »
This just my opinion but I would tell them to think about going sly and at least try it

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »
There's a young guy in one of my classes that I assistant teach at the university who is doing the whole combover thing. Looks absolutely awful. He just needs to grow a beard and shave that noggin.

It's unusual to see a younger guy with a combover these days. 

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
Yes it is but they are out there even though they look older when they do it

Offline Oracle

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »
I see guys everyday who would greatly improve their looks by shaving off their remaining hair rather than trying to disguise their hair-loss with a combover or under a hat or by just wearing a fringe.  Unless they ask, my policy is to leave them alone; I think in most cases its best to just set a good example and let my head shine.  If I notice someone obviously staring at my head, I might try to start up a conversation about head-shaving with that person especially if he seems like he is interested in shaving.

Jim

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »
I see guys everyday who would greatly improve their looks by shaving off their remaining hair rather than trying to disguise their hair-loss with a combover or under a hat or by just wearing a fringe.  Unless they ask, my policy is to leave them alone; I think in most cases its best to just set a good example and let my head shine. 

I couldn't agree more.

Andrei

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
Congratulation on the 2 weeks Doc X!

I have a full head of hair and I admit I was running out of ideas to style it (it always had its own will), went sly and I like it better.
Regarding the comb-overs and other strange solutions I think it all depends on the person and how prepared is he to face the truth.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
I see guys everyday who would greatly improve their looks by shaving off their remaining hair rather than trying to disguise their hair-loss with a combover or under a hat or by just wearing a fringe.  Unless they ask, my policy is to leave them alone; I think in most cases its best to just set a good example and let my head shine.

I couldn't agree more.

Agree - think of it this way: are you waiting for someone to come up and tell you you'd look better if you changed something about yourself (the way you were dressed, your beard, etc.)?  I don't think so.

Enter your email address: