Author Topic: Feeling insecure about the shape of my head, Honest opinion?  (Read 25125 times)

Offline tmr123

• Learning the way of Sly
Feeling insecure about the shape of my head, Honest opinion?
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:31:34 PM »
Hello everyone,
     As the story may have it, I've been balding for quite some time. I'm currently 26 , and was just released from the military. While in the military guys would often joke around with me and give me a little crap about my balding (jokingly) . I never took it personal. Well now I'm out in the real world, and i met a really nice girl (or so i thought) ...we dated for 4 months or so and i wore a hat almost always. She told me she loved me, this and that and that the baldness didn't matter. Well eventually she broke up with me and went back to her ex, which i must say, has a marvelous head of hair.
        At this point in my life, that struck me pretty hard because i actually had strong feelings for her. I guess you could say I've been feeling pretty insecure. At the end of the day i know i have good things going for me and I'm in the process of trying to be police officer and I'm in school at the moment.  All that aside, losing her kind of made me feel extremely low about the balding and my looks in general.Mainly concerned withe pointy peak of the back of my head. Someone pointed it out before. I just haven't been happy at all.  I guess what I'm looking for is some honest opinions about the shape of my head. I have considered a hair transplant but then again I've heard horror stories and i wouldn't want to spend an outrageous amount of money on something i might not like.  This is my first time posting. I'm not that to computer savy with uploading images and such but i will do my best . Thank you in advance

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:36:00 PM by tmr123 »

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
Re: Feeling insecure about the shape of my head, Honest opinion?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:50:59 AM »
Looks perfectly normal to me. You rock the bald look!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 05:26:45 AM »
you look great -  no problem with head shape at all - normal.  You are in good shape - enjoy life. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 05:41:19 AM »
Welcome to the board!

First off, thank you for your service. It's always a pleasure to have current and former military join the site.

Second, it looks like you were already shaving before joining the site. I take it that you probably was shaving while in the military? (I learned some of my head shaving tips in the Army)

Third, looking at the photos, the first one with you in a shirt and tie complements your sly head real well. We all have some insecurities about our heads, but even so, they are still our heads, and hardly anyone will make a big deal. Looking at your second picture, I can see you have some advanced balding, but I started receding at 27-28 and many members here may have started losing at the same age you did or even earlier

Lastly, sorry about the loss of your girlfriend to her ex. If she left you because of your hairloss, she was never the one for you to begin with. As someone who has been divorced twice, there were/are probably more underlying issues as to why it didn't work out. But you're only 26 and a pretty solid looking guy, so I'm willing to bet some young lady who wants you for you will come along.

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted and participate often!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:44:59 AM by SirHarry214 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 05:55:52 AM »
You have nothing to worry about, your head shape is great and you rock the sly look.  Re the girl, if she went back to her ex that suggests that she always had something for him and so it has nothing to do with your looks.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 06:45:04 AM »
Welcome and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!

I think your head looks great and I'm sure that your future is bright and that you will find the right person that's meant to share your life with you.

Best of luck!!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 10:26:36 AM »
Hey buddy; I am a retired Naval Officer and a retired Police Officer.  Your look is the total package!  You are a poster boy for law enforcement with that shaved noggin!  You rock it!

You have a great head shape.  Many of us have that slight rise at the back of the skull.  It is normal.  It just shows that you have a large brain!

If the girl went back to her Ex - COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS THAT YOU FOUND OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 10:44:38 AM »
Looks good man. I wouldnt worry too much about the girl. Sounds like she was hung up on him, so I'd blame in on nothing but that alone.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »
Let me echo what the others have said.  Thank for you service.  Your head shape is fine (head shape is likely the most frequent concern we hear in this site).  I am sure based on your shadow that you look much better shaved.  I seriously doubt that your lack of hair or your looks had anything to do with you girlfriend going back to her ex.  She was likely intending to do that anyway and was just using you.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:45:28 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »
Your head looks completely fine.  It's hard not to be somewhat self conscious when you first shave your head but in time you'll get used to your new look and the shape of your head will be a non issue.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »
You look very good and very normal shaved.  Nothing to be concerned about in that department.  I doubt your ex's leaving had much of anything to do with you, let alone how you look compared to the other guy.

Offline J_Scott

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 04:44:25 PM »
There's nothing wrong with your head shape or anything you should be embarrassed about honestly.

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 05:59:32 AM »
I've been bald only since thanksgiving - but one thing I've noticed it - you have to OWN it!   Instead of hiding under a hat - wear it proud - and when you believe you are a STUD - people (especially girls) will treat you like a stud...   Practice radical self acceptance...!  Be bold and confident.  Trust me on this one - your head looks good.   No one's head is perfect - but no hairstyle is either. 
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Rusty Shackleford
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 01:18:57 AM »
The cold honest truth is that your problem is imaginary. As a guy with a shaved head I've noticed that guys with what I consider an ideal head often don't have an ideal head once I see their heads at another angle. The truth about a less than ideal head shape is that it is very subjective and often a less than perfect head is a long way from bad. For example I've always found Capt Picard to have an odd shape while others bow in worship to his head shape. Whatever, it's subjective. I've seen some bad shaved heads and yours is not one of them, and a lot of times an oddly shaped head only looks odd in one direction. Again there is nothing unusual about your head shape, and your problem actually sounds like newb insecurity.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 12:42:47 PM »

hell man if other dudes looked 1/2 as good; they would all be buzzed #000 or shaved. i'm guessing a lot of dudes would be envious of YOU.