Author Topic: Is there an electric shaver that'll get me down as much as a razor?  (Read 4588 times)

Offline baldingguy23

• Sly Jr.
Or almost as much? While avoiding nicks and irritation? because I have the most sensitive skin in the world...even on my face, I shave it and get irritation from a razor a lot.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Is there an electric shaver that'll get me down as much as a razor?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:39:27 AM »
What razor and shaving cream are you using?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mike609

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »
Typically, no.
An electric works like a hedge trimmer in that there is a non moving "bar" and a moving bar that does the trimming. Because the foi" or head sits on your skin and the blade cuts behind it an electric will leave hair while a blade is scraping the surface of the skin and removing hair at skin level. That's why you get weepers from blades. They are actually removing a microscopic layer of skin.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 06:56:14 AM »
I sometimes use a Remington 3 head foil shaver. Don't use it much since I switched to DE razor. but it shaves very close.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
I'm wondering if maybe you're pressing down too hard.  For me, I just rest the razor on the skin and just pull.  I use very little pressure, so I get very few nicks and no irritation.  If that's not the case for you, and you don't mind not getting skin close, an electric may be for you.

Offline rss114

• Sly
  • Finally Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 02:00:06 PM »
I have very sensitive skin on my face as well I assume my head as well but I just just gellette fusion and there sensitive skin shaving cream that helps I also use a moisterize after shaving

Offline FoiledAgain

• Learning the way of Sly
No, but you can get almost as close with no nicks and no irritation using a battery powered Eltron EL-3040 travel razor. I use it with Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable AA batteries. You will need to shave every or every other day if using an electric. They cannot handle longer hair. The razor is dirt cheap, so no big loss if it does not work for you. You will need to empty the hair chamber and brush the blades to clean after each use...it is not water washable, but it works really well.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
I find that electric razors are much worse at agitating my skin than my mach3 razor, i've given up on electric razors now
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Well, tried my Braun again yesterday. For me, the Mach 3 wins by a massive degree!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
I've yet to find an electric razor that gets as close to shaving with a wet razor.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
I've yet to find an electric razor that gets as close to shaving with a wet razor.

They all reckon they do, but I've never found one.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014