Author Topic: Please Help Me Guys  (Read 22557 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Please Help Me Guys
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2007, 10:37:20 AM »
Vash....that is stellar, man

To anyone who's thinking of getting a transplant -- shave your head first and keep it that way for six months.   By the time the six months are up, it's highly unlikely that you'll want the transplant.  If you still want it, then go for it.

Another good piece of advice
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 08:39:11 PM by Robmeister »

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2007, 10:32:41 PM »
Thanks so much again guys. But no matter how logical I talk to this guy he still thinks he's right.It's like talking to a brick wall. He has such a mid life crisis that it's pathetic.He is a very shallow person.He's so delusional thinking he looks young when I could see how ridiculous he looks.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 05:38:43 AM »
Well Don, in that case, I'd say just let him have his delusion...sooner or later it will wear off, or be too obvious for him to ignore any longer.

Just don't let it rub off on you, and don't let anyone ever talk you into anything you don't want to do. Be yourself, for yourself first.

The fact that you are able to see how "pathetic" his self-delusion is says a lot about you. It's important that you recognize that fact within yourself. Draw pride and strength from within yourself. You are more than your haircut, your clothes, your car, whatever. You are a whole person and you are just as valid as any other whole person, with equal rights to your opinion and choices.

Never sacrifice your own choice for what someone else tells you, you should do.

We were born with spines for a reason, use it.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 09:38:40 PM »
Thank you Vash for the pep talk.I really could use it.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 09:51:40 PM »
Thanks so much again guys. But no matter how logical I talk to this guy he still thinks he's right.It's like talking to a brick wall. He has such a mid life crisis that it's pathetic.He is a very shallow person.He's so delusional thinking he looks young when I could see how ridiculous he looks.

It doesn't matter what he thinks.  All that matters is what YOU think.  I think we all do this sort of thing when we're thinking about taking the plunge.  I found myself thinking about all sorts of people -- some of whom I hadn't seen in years -- who wouldn't approve if I shaved my head.  People whose opinions should have been of no consequence.  I didn't even like some of these people!!

There's a tendency to come up with excuses not to do it.  You have to accept that there are some people out there who aren't going to like it. So what?  There are probably people out there who don't like the way you wear your hair now, the way you dress, any number of things.  The truth of the matter is, nobody is stopping you from doing this, except YOU.

I first started to seriously consider shaving my head in 1998.  I didn't actually do it until 2002.  Looking back, that was a ridiculous amount of time to put off doing something that I really wanted to do -- something as insignificant as getting a haircut.  I literally became obsessed with the idea of shaving my head, and finally realized that it was just something I HAD to do.  The only way to get over the obsession was to just do it.

If other people want to disfigure themselves with expensive surgery, so be it.  Just don't let anyone who exercises such poor judgment dictate what YOU should do.

That first swipe across the scalp with the razor is the hardest.  After that, it's a done deal and it gets much easier.  Trust me.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 10:44:28 PM »
Wow, great thread guys.  Vash & Don, I can only reiterate what everyone else has said.  So consider it reiterated.  ;) 
BTW, I am also going to print out your rant Vash.  My teenage daughter occasionally needs to be reminded that she is an individual.

Thanks for that bro.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 11:52:17 PM »
This is a public service announcement.

Please use great caution when choosing cosmetic plastic surgery or hair replacement.
You may in fact, end up looking something such as this:

Or worse....

This has been a public service announcement.

jusbnme

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 05:17:43 AM »

Please use great caution when choosing cosmetic plastic surgery or hair replacement.

Or worse....

ricecub, come on bro...You've got to warn us when you're going to do something like that.  I screamed like a horror movie girl and fell backwards out of my chair.  g@@4
Ohhhhh!!!  I still have the shivers.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 12:22:15 PM »
I humbly apologize for that.... I will link such images in the future.

[/quote]

ricecub, come on bro...You've got to warn us when you're going to do something like that.  I screamed like a horror movie girl and fell backwards out of my chair.  g@@4
Ohhhhh!!!  I still have the shivers.
[/quote]

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »
Don, after rereading your original thread and the great advice from the brothers here, one thing comes to mind.  You called this individual a "friend"  While my friends gave a little good natured ribbing when I first shaved, they have never tried to dissuade me in any way.  In fact they have been extremely supportive of the fact that I am really comfortable with being sly.  A true friend would be there with you in whatever decision was important to you.  Should you really be worrying about this "friend" if he can't let you be the person you want to be? Maybe he needs to read these threads sometime.  Be yourself man, seems like you have a lot going for you.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 04:09:34 PM »

Or worse....

Oh Rice dude... that's just wrong man!   :*))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 05:33:06 PM by Sgt. Pate »

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »
Don honestly do you care about this person? If he is a close friend then he shouldn't be telling you what to do with your head he should be suporting your decisions. If he is just some dude off the street, or a mild aquantince then to hell with him. Do what makes you feel good about yourself. I know when My friends and family seen me bald for the first time they will love me and respect me for who I am, and to hell with what the person on the street thinks.

Sorry if I sound a little abrupt but I just got home from work and I am still in Military mode from today.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 09:15:37 PM »

Or worse....

Oh Rice dude... that's just wrong man!   :*))

Wow Michael must've gotten himself a new plastic surgeon between the nose job and the boobs.  NICE TITS!!!  Too bad about the face...  oh ya and the dick.  Well if he still has one.  hahahahahhahaha

I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 10:34:15 PM »
You guys are too funny.Thanks so much for all the support.This guy is not as close a friend as he used to be.I think I just gave him too much of the benefit of the doubt.I know better now.As long as I'm doing what makes me happy,that's all that counts.The hell with him.He also criticizes me by saying that I should work out more because my arms are not built up enough.He wants me to be just like him. He also told me that I'm bowlegged {which I'm not} I'm just slightly pigeon toed on one side.I'm just tired of all his negativity.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2007, 09:16:33 AM »
You guys are too funny.Thanks so much for all the support.This guy is not as close a friend as he used to be.I think I just gave him too much of the benefit of the doubt.I know better now.As long as I'm doing what makes me happy,that's all that counts.The hell with him.He also criticizes me by saying that I should work out more because my arms are not built up enough.He wants me to be just like him. He also told me that I'm bowlegged {which I'm not} I'm just slightly pigeon toed on one side.I'm just tired of all his negativity.

The dude's definitely got issues :/O

He's got to be reminded that when he points the finger at you or someone else, he's got THREE fingers pointing back at him.

or as the Bible says [paraphrased] "Don't go trying to get the speck out of someone else's eye when you have a TWO-BY-FOUR jutting out of your own eye."

Enter your email address: