Author Topic: Cocoa Butter  (Read 14117 times)

Offline Tbone

• Sly Jr.
Cocoa Butter
« on: April 21, 2007, 01:15:41 AM »
Got some Palmers Cocoa Butter as recommended by a friend who has shaved his head for years. Didn't know if any of you has tried it or something similar. It's not really a lotion, it seems to just be like a huge tub of carmex. It was 3 bucks and Wal-mart didn't exactly have the best selection. If this isn't recommended then I will probably get the HeadShed lotion. Anyways any response in this matter is appreciated. Thanks

Offline Teambean

• Sly Jr.
Re: Cocoa Butter
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:06:13 PM »
Hi-

I think you may find it too thick and sticky....

Teambean

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 02:13:03 PM »
Never tried it.  I'm a HeadLube guy myself.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:34:57 PM »
I've tried the Palmers Shea Butter formula and Olive Butter formula, both in pumps.  I liked both, but preferred the Shea Butter best.  I also have tried Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion; it's very good and sinks in fairly well.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Tbone

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:53:37 PM »
yeah the cocoa butter gives me a nice shine BUT im afaid the emollient base might close my pores. It is like a huge tub of cocoa smelling carmex. Anyway I ordered some glossy headlube, but in the meantime went and bought some Lubriderm Shea and Cocoa Butter Skin Nourishing Formula. It leaves a white residue but I've been using it at home and directly after i shave so far its been good. Can't wait to recieve my headlube though. Thanks for the input guys.