Author Topic: White head  (Read 2743 times)

Offline 33steve33

• Learning the way of Sly
White head
« on: September 21, 2014, 03:23:47 AM »
Hi guys, just found this site and feel a lot better about myself already! Love the advice being given. I've been shaving my head for the last year or so and have no confidence in going out in public without wearing a hat. If I do go out without a hat I feel like everyone is looking at me, even though I know they're not. My problem is that I seem to always get sunburn on the back of my neck while wearing a hat which causes a beautiful line of red to white. Does anyone know of a quick tanning lotion or spray that can help me out and cover my white head while I build my confidence? The thought of going out looking the way it is now is sickening! Thanks in advance.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: White head
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 04:03:15 AM »
Welcome! I would say maybe 90 minutes per day will develop some color. The only tanning lotion that I know of is Jergens Natural Glow. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 06:47:01 AM »
You have been shaving it for a year. Its time to lose the hat. It would have all evened out by now without the hat.

Don't try to bake the rest of your head in the sun. If you cant lose the hat apply sunscreen (spf100) to the back or exposed areas of your head so that the sun cant keep tanning your neck when out I the sun.

I tried tanning lotions. Before applying one to your head. Apply it to your ankle or somewhere people don't see wait until the next day to see the color and decide if it would look ok on your head. You don't want to apply it to your head and wake up the next day with an orange head.
shine and share

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 05:03:57 AM »
Steve.... you said it yourself, no one is looking at you.... you've done the hard bit... shaved off what's left of your hair... so try and ditch the hat.... a couple of things will happen.... your head will get a nice even colour.... and your confidence will grow.  try the 30 day rule.... don't wear a hat for 30 days and you won't miss it. I'm in no way having a go at hats lol.... I wear a wooly hat in the rain, and cold weather,  but couldn't contemplate a hat in hot weather. trust me, no one will be thinking "look! a bald guy without a hat! run!"

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
White head
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 05:19:27 AM »
I don't think I would use a tanning lotion myself. It does take a while but just normal exposure to the sun Will darken your head before you know it. I used to get a little extra sunbathing by smoking a cigar out in the sun after work. I think it about a month or two I was pretty much the same color all over.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 06:38:41 AM »
I am all about simplicity. I'd just let nature take it's course and go outside for a bit each day so the sun can do the work for you.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 10:12:10 AM »
My take is that if you are white, then be white and don't worry about getting color.  If you get lucky and your skin darkens up, great.  If not, oh well, God made you white, so embrace it.

I too wore hats a lot, even before going sly.  Now that my head is shaved, I find them uncomfortable.  Give it a couple of weeks if you aren't willing to commit to a full 30 days.  I think you'll get more comfortable with it along with everyone else.  It really only took me about a week before everyone just forgot that I used to have hair.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 12:26:31 PM »
Like me you live in Australia and it is now spring and a good time to get a bit tan on the shaved head.  Take it slowly exposing your head for 30 minutes or so each day but avoid beteeen 10 and 4.  Apply some 30+sunscreen and this should enable you to tan but not burn.

Personally I like showing off my bald heat although I do wear a cap when playing tennis. I am in Canberra.

Roger
Roger

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 12:31:48 PM »
Try using Headhunter 30+ SPF Tinted Light Brown Sunscreen

It will tint your head a little shade of brown while protecting you from the sun and allowing you to get a tan slowly.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.