Author Topic: 1 Month Anniversary Stories  (Read 34013 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Re: 1 Month Anniversary Stories
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »
My one month was actually years ago when I shaved my head down with some clippers.  It felt good.  But my actual one month of going sly with a razor felt great.  I was a little worried a first of what people thought but after that first month my confidence started to build. 

I had the same feeling at first, actually I thought that I would not be sly for all to long depending on the Reaction.  But if the number of Posts I have is any indication, the Reactions also were positive, and the Look is Here to Stay... Man it feels GREAT!  ;D ;D ;D
Peace

jusbnme

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »
My one month was actually years ago when I shaved my head down with some clippers.  It felt good.  But my actual one month of going sly with a razor felt great.  I was a little worried a first of what people thought but after that first month my confidence started to build. 

I had the same feeling at first, actually I thought that I would not be sly for all to long depending on the Reaction.  But if the number of Posts I have is any indication, the Reactions also were positive, and the Look is Here to Stay... Man it feels GREAT!  ;D ;D ;D

Amen bro!!!  O0

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »
I started out taking the clippers to my head too. Started with a #4 blade and eventually worked my way down to leaving the guard off completely. At that point I started thinking about taking the razor to my head....but before I did that I bought an Andis Headliner where i was giving myself the closest possible dry shave. It still left my head rough and stubbly and proved to be to much work. So I got headblade and started shaving my head completely smooth! Eventually I switched to a Mach 3. I find it easier and doesn't nick as much.

But since then, I been shaving my noggin regularly except around this past xmas. Shaving is so routine for me now. No plans to grow it back.

jusbnme

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 04:42:19 AM »

But since then, I been shaving my noggin regularly except around this past xmas. Shaving is so routine for me now. No plans to grow it back.

Good for you bro.  Welcome to the sly side.   O0  When can we see a pic posted? 

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »
Well, RazorHead, glad to hear that you have adjusted well to being Sly.  Thats always a great feeling when you finally find something that is You.

PhilDNY, all that I can say is that when life changes for the better, there is bound to be a point where the change is no longer new, but it is always welcome.  Its good to hear that you are chill with the Look  O0

Things that I am still not accustomed to after a little short of two Months:

*The feel of Womens' Fingers gliding over my Scalp [still and probably will always be Electric :D]
*The feel of a cold rain
*The comfortable feeling I constantly have going, Knowing that no matter what I look Solid and Feel Confident...

Its All Good  ;D
Peace

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 03:14:15 AM »
well its been a month for me since going sly.....not going back to the monk ring...sly 4 life O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 04:38:56 AM »
hehe ... I am bald by choice for about one month now, too.
I thought about letting it grow again but now I shave every other day and it feels great.
Some ppl ask me to let it grow again because I look "nicer" but now after a couple of weeks everybody got used to it and I am not planning to let it grow again.
I like the look and I know that every time I let it grow again I thought about shaving again. Enough for that now ... I am staying bald and I love it!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 05:53:21 AM »
hehe ... I am bald by choice for about one month now, too.
I thought about letting it grow again but now I shave every other day and it feels great.
Some ppl ask me to let it grow again because I look "nicer" but now after a couple of weeks everybody got used to it and I am not planning to let it grow again.
I like the look and I know that every time I let it grow again I thought about shaving again. Enough for that now ... I am staying bald and I love it!

I went through the same thing Christian, people saying "you looked better with hair"  It does stop when people realize that this is who you are and that your are comfortable that way.  Stick with it man, stay sly.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 09:35:17 PM »
Today is 3 years for me, iam glad that i took the plunge and shaved my head, i had corn rows before i shaved it all off

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 06:24:52 PM »
Today is 3 years for me, iam glad that i took the plunge and shaved my head, i had corn rows before i shaved it all off

Dude, I hope that you have pics of that!  For some reason I have a hard time picturing you with Corn Rows (R^!
Peace

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 08:46:35 PM »
Been bald for 3 months now and I know I will never have hair again.  I even shave twice a day for special occasions and I hate the feeling of stubble.  My wife says I am never going to be allowed to grow it back and she loves the sly look.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 04:56:01 PM »
This weekend is my 1-month sly anniversary.  I love the look, and I wouldn't have done it if not for this site.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 06:44:16 PM »
This weekend is my 1-month sly anniversary.  I love the look, and I wouldn't have done it if not for this site.

Woohoo!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »
 P@^ Congrats on the first anniversary
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 03:30:13 PM »
Dude, Rock Hard!  Congrats! Now go and Party!

d5c*
Peace

Enter your email address: