Author Topic: Don't you catch a cold?  (Read 5730 times)

Offline nicolaus

• Sly Jr.
Don't you catch a cold?
« on: April 14, 2014, 05:16:21 PM »
I'd like to ask you if you don't feel cold with a bald head in winter. I've had a very short buzzcut a couple of times in my life, but only in summer. Because I must never catch a cold for my profession, I'm very curious if you don't catch a cold without guard of hairs on your head. (My profession has something to do with the voice. When I lose my voice with a cold, I have to cancel my jobs.)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Don't you catch a cold?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 09:14:17 PM »
Yes, you will notice the cold more with a bald head, but it doesn't mean you will catch more colds.  Just be prepared to wear a cap or hat in cold weather.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »
Colds are caused by a virus, not from exposure to cold temperatures.

Offline nicolaus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 05:04:21 AM »
Thank you for your replies. I heard, a virus is one of the conditions to catch a cold. Only if we expose to cold temperatures when we are infected with a virus, the symptoms will develop, I understood so. OK, I will buy many caps and hats in the next winter...

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:11 AM »
Yup, the common cold and flu are caused by a virus (might be a retrovirus, I can't recall right now) - although if you are cold you might lower your body's defense network and become more susceptible to a cold, just being bald will not cause one.

A nice warm hat will keep your smooth scalp nice and warm!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 04:13:17 PM »
I feel cold every time I come home to San Francisco! Lol
Hair is over rated.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »
I feel cold every time I come home to San Francisco! Lol

I was in shorts two days ago. Today I spent the day in NYC and froze my butt off. I had an ivy cap on but needed a beanie to cover my ears. There were spots in the park where the trees were in bloom and the grass was green, but covered with snow.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 05:47:08 AM »
As a bald guy who lived in Chicago for many years, I found that the best winter wear was a hooded parka.  Go outside, flip the hood up.  Go inside, flip the hood down and you don't have to carry it around.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 09:50:12 AM »
As a bald guy who lived in Chicago for many years, I found that the best winter wear was a hooded parka.  Go outside, flip the hood up.  Go inside, flip the hood down and you don't have to carry it around.

Good advice! I need a new winter coat for next year, if this year's winter ever ends...