Author Topic: Advantages & Disadvantages for a Slyette  (Read 7579 times)

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
Advantages & Disadvantages for a Slyette
« on: January 27, 2013, 01:09:27 PM »
Only one week in, but here are some observations:

Pros:
  • I LOVE how it feels
  • I am 100% more confident in my whole appearance.  The stuff that used to nag at me ("is this shirt too navy to wear with black pants or is it royal blue?") seems ridiculous.  I dress well, I present myself well, duh, why did it take me shaving my head to realize this?
  • It is 100% quicker to shower/get ready, even with the time shaving.  Washing/conditioning/blowdrying/styling takes a lot of time.  I was half an hour early for a meeting yesterday because I was on my old prep schedule
  • I think I look pretty cute
  • I really look forward to shaving each day.  It's a little time with myself and almost like meditating.
  • I will hopefully no longer need to call the super twice a year to pull a hair clog the size of a black bear out of my tub drain

Cons:
  • Some people don't think females should be bald, and will tell you so, stare, or treat you differently.
  • Further, some people will tell you that you look ugly/sick.  In general, all of a sudden, unsolicited opinions about your hair are not rude anymore  :P
  • It's COLD OUT here!
  • The lesbian/cancer questions
  • I feel like I've alienated or let down a couple of friends/acquaintances.  I think they just need to get used to it, but I even got sad puppy eyes once so far!
  • My hair grows too fast and the whole experience becomes a little addictive/obsessive.  May fade with time.

I'm curious how many of these sly guys share as well. 

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages for a Slyette
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 01:13:32 PM »
Bella this is a great contribution to this forum and will definitely help others to make the decision keep up the good work  O0

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
Thanks Bella,

Hopefully this helps some other Ladies on the fence. :D
Lynchy

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »

Just keep in mind all the things you have learned and not think of it as a "addiction" or "obsession" think of it as more of a "masterpiece" or "stunning work of art" Lol! Shaving your head  can never be a negetive thing. So I agree with your pros, just not your cons.

I wouldnt worry about what people think of it. Over time people get used to it, and thats something no one can argue against. Dont worry about the whole"woman shouldnt be bald" thing.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 03:57:18 PM »
I had a very good thing to say but I lost it and didnt know how to get it back. So thats why the spacing is so messed up
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 04:25:06 PM »
Thanks Joe.  Like the new avatar -- you have a nice smile.

I get chipmunk cheeks when I smile so my pics are all pouty-like.

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »
Thank you very much! I have huge "baby" cheeks as some people say. But I don't care, its me! Ha ha and you could post a pic of your smile. No one would mind. This forum was made for bald people to express there emotions and feelings so it wouldn't matter.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »
Great observations Bella....totally agree with looking forward to shaving observation.
I really enjoy shaving in the morning....a little of "my time".  O0

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 11:04:24 AM »
A couple more advantages...

--A shocking number of women have approached me with some jealousy, applauding me in my courage  O0

--I've got a bad cold so I'm working today from the couch rather than my desk.  I laid down for a bit and my head on a velvet throw pillow = AMAZING!

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 03:19:25 PM »
Glad to hear that you are getting positive comments and I hope you feel better O0

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »
Great post.

I don't think anyone can truly understand the euphoric feeling of being sly unless you've actually done it.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 05:58:52 PM »
Great post.

I don't think anyone can truly understand the euphoric feeling of being sly unless you've actually done it.
+1
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 06:05:49 PM »
A couple more advantages...

--A shocking number of women have approached me with some jealousy, applauding me in my courage  O0

--I've got a bad cold so I'm working today from the couch rather than my desk.  I laid down for a bit and my head on a velvet throw pillow = AMAZING!

Hope you get rest and take care.  That pillow experience CAN NOT be described !  :@` Thanks for being an avid Slyette member !

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »
If you like being bald then keep on shaving. Most rude, negative people have an opinion, they're just too dumb to keep it to themselves. It doesn't matter who it is, some people don't like bald heads. But we don't care, do we?
Larry the bald guy

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 05:09:35 AM »
I'm finally starting to get head rubs and those are awesome too (provided not in a creepy context).  I'm surprised that I'm okay as I am with this invasion of my personal space!

Enter your email address: