Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed?  (Read 11354 times)

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Has anyone else noticed?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 11:23:46 PM »
This slyette for one is so very glad that comb over's aren't as popular add they once were. Whew!
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Has anyone else noticed?
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »
Hair is over rated.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 09:33:28 PM »
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »
I sure do notice. I never say anything, but I want to!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 01:49:17 PM »
 I prefer a bald head..   I am way more critical of bad hair now... whether the guy is balding or has a full head of hair.

Also, it has gotten a lot harder for me to understand why a balding guy wouldn't want to improve his look by getting rid of it, or buzzing it way down. 

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 07:00:58 AM »
I guess I can't be to critical, I did sport one of the worlds worst hair dos! (Pony tail and bald on top!) But it does sometimes amaze me how people can be...

There are some very dodgy haircuts around, but there's more and more sly guys around too... And we know we look sooooo cool!  8)

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »
I have had a couple of my friends that are also bald and mention people's bad hair but as I had what I classed as a hair disaster for while I try not to be too critical of other people's 'style'. Not everyone is brave enough to be bald.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:04:48 PM by Adamski1972 »

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »
I've noticed that in the last few years there are more shaved heads. I see guys with bald spots who would be good candidates for shaving their heads.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 05:01:29 PM »
I was behind a man today with one of the worst combovers I have seen and I had to stop myself from tapping him on the shoulder and saying 'shave it off'.

What gets me (apart from the comb overs) is guys with long hair but are bald on top. I have an acquaintance that I see daily who has this style. He is totally bald on top but has long (past shoulder length) dead straight and very greasy hair, no exaggeration.

I really strive to have an "each to their own" attitude but seeing him frustrates me, I would love him to at least clip it

EDIT: whoops sorry Arty Chris, nothing insulting intended at all. I was only on page one when i wrote my post and didn't see yours till now.
Before I went sly I had a Mohawk but was going bald at the crown eek
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:09:46 PM by Crowbar »
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Bald Stanley

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 02:25:19 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  I'm only a month and a half sly.  Whenever I consider having hair again I just have to look at other guys' hair.  Most of it is so badly cut or styled that I don't want to look like any of them.    I find myself thinking they'd look better shaved.  I know I do.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
When I was a younger lad, I had hair that would go all over the place. People mentioned it looked like I combed it with an egg-beater. That was pretty bad, but at least I started wising up and getting buzz cuts.

I have seen other bad 'dos out there, I think that the worst though would be someone who grows a ponytail just so it is long enough to comb over the entire balding area! Yikes. Scary.

I hope you weren't eating lunch/dinner when you read that! :D

Enter your email address: