Author Topic: I'm 18 and I'm not Sure About Going Sly- GIVE ME REASSURANCE!!!!  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Josephthepencil

• Learning the way of Sly
I am eighteen years old, I have a full head of hair and I've always wanted to shave my head completely bald, I love the look, I hate my hair and I think it'll make me look great. I have been looking at other young bald guys and they look SUPER COOL.

BUT I'm unsure about how people will react, I know I shouldn't care about what people think (and I don't really) but I'm kind of more bothered about how repetitive the comments will be and how annoying they'll become. Whilst people will get used to it, new people I meet will say the same things. Also I'm a huge nerd and I'm worried about it making me have that "sad nerdy bald" instead of "cool bald".

Anyway, I really want to be bald and knowing my mindset I'm just going to keep on backing out. JUST GIVE ME SOME REASSURANCE, CONVINCE ME!

I've even bought an electric razor but I can't bring myself to use it!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: I'm 18 and I'm not Sure About Going Sly- GIVE ME REASSURANCE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 11:51:17 AM »
These days you see guys of all ages sporting a shaved head. It's pretty common. You just won't know how it looks on you until you do it.

Bottom line, if you don't like it, in about 2 weeks it will grow out to a buzzcut. You can wear a hat for awhile. Or, you can try a buzzcut first and get an idea if you like it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »
After the first time people see you it's old news.  As for new people you will find that they don't question it as sly is quite normal now a days.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:45:07 AM »
I wish I would have shaved my head when I was 18. No joke!  The amount of positive attention that I received after shaving my head was awesome.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.