Author Topic: Bad Reaction  (Read 7322 times)

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
Bad Reaction
« on: April 09, 2017, 03:04:47 PM »
Hey there.

The most obvious negative reaction Ive had was when I was talking to the girlfriend of a friend of mine in a pub last year.  Shes of middle eastern extraction, my friend is a white guy, who himself has had a shaved head in the past.  So, I was talking to her and my friend turns up and tells me to take my hat off (I often wear a flat cap).  I did so and she never said a word to me for the rest of the evening.  For the record, I am absolutely not racist or right wing or anything like that, and it came as something of a shock to me.  Still dont understand it to this day and havent seen my friend since so I dont have an explanation, but I no longer expect one.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bad Reaction
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
Sorry that you lost friends, but if they stopped talking to you because of your hairstyle, it's their loss
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 05:12:25 AM »
Indeed, I couldnt believe it.  Their loss as you say.  :)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:00:55 AM »
Yes, people are different sometimes. There is a couple that have been best friends of mine since I was a teenager. She hates my shaved head and after 4 years, she just can't accept it. Now I hardly see or hear from them. But as you say, if something as simple as a hairstyle caused that, too bad, their loss.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 11:42:19 AM »
Her reaction was very peculiar, especially if her boyfriend had a shaved head at times in the past.   

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 12:34:19 AM »
Lots of shaved heads in the Middle East. Jews and Arabs go bald... and young. Many men just shave it. So, probably is just a personal thing.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »
One of my pet peeves is when others feel/think they have a right to determine how someone else should look. Who do they think they are?! It's one thing to have an opinion, but another to pass judgment.

Offline Conservator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 04:19:23 PM »
I second BigKen's statement.  I see what I think are some hideous hairstyles but keep my mouth shut.  Why hurt a person over something as superficial as hair or lack of it?
I'm not bald I'm follicly challenged.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 01:07:13 PM »
I second BigKen's statement.  I see what I think are some hideous hairstyles but keep my mouth shut.  Why hurt a person over something as superficial as hair or lack of it?

Right on! O0 O0

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 06:42:47 AM »
If your "friends" left you because of your choice of haircuts - thank God you found out now how shallow they are and that you are well rid of them!

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 12:03:21 PM »
If your "friends" left you because of your choice of haircuts - thank God you found out now how shallow they are and that you are well rid of them!

Not to mention how lousy they are

Enter your email address: