Author Topic: waxing my head  (Read 7386 times)

Offline slickedbalder

• Learning the way of Sly
waxing my head
« on: November 22, 2015, 11:05:36 AM »
Hi guys I'm new and in 3 weeks I will be getting my head waxed for the first time by my barber. What sort of tools and wax do he need to get it  so there is no hair on my head at all  all replies are welcome.

Thanks again

slickedbalder aka jiggs

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: waxing my head
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »
Something to bite down on :)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »
Pain medication may be the best tool.  I have no idea about the wax or tools, but I hope the barber does.  Do you have a full head of hair, or just a fringe?  Good luck and let us know how it goes.
SlyBeard

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »
I didn't think waxing was used on the scalp because the hair is much denser there.  I suggest the barber provide some numbing cream because it's going to hurt.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 10:21:45 PM »
I seriously doubt that a professional barber would do that.

1.  None of the standard textbooks for barbers cover waxing - it isn't something that real barbers do.  Only beauticians/cosmetologists do that.

2.  I have spoken to professional cosmo's that do waxing and none of them would do the head.  The hair there is too dense and you can do real damage to the skin of the scalp.  It can cause fine scarring and small "dents" or pockmarks.

3.  And oh yes; guaranteed to be painful.

4.  In most States of the Union, numbing cream may only be used/prescribed by a licensed physician, (although I do know a few tattooists who have managed to get their hands on a jar of the stuff)

5.  My laser doctor uses numbing cream on my skin 30 minutes before each laser treatment.  It still HURTTSSS!!!!!!!

Offline Acmboarder

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 11:15:35 AM »
So sticky- I’ve got to ask.... did you go through with the waxing? How did it feel? Give us an update please....🤓🤓