Author Topic: Nervous about the big reveal  (Read 13124 times)

Offline BBC_Chicken

• Sly Guy in Training
Nervous about the big reveal
« on: March 24, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »
Hey Guys,

Just stumbled upon this great site. Very cool.

So, here goes my story. I have a ton of blond hair. It is a mess. Or should I say it was a mess. I had it cut by a pretty decent barber into a Mohawk which looked ok. It was quite a short affair with tightly clippered sides. Last sunday, I decided I didn't really like the mo', and clipppered it right off down to the finest grade I could get and the proceeded to shave my head. Wet shave that is. Proper Bald. Lol.  panicked at first but actually quite like the look. I don't really know why I did it - All a bit of a on the spot thing. Problem is, people went mad about the Mohawk and I don't think my parents have forgiven my for 'shaving off the beautiful hair'. I hate my hair, I really do. I have a triple crown which is determined to ruin any style I try. Apart from my new baldness. Ha! Take that! Anyway, the point which I'm getting to is I'm really really nervous about showing people. I've been living in a beanie hat since last weekend. I shaved my head again tonight and as I say I quite like it!!!

I'll try and post a pic so people can let me know if they think it suits.

Cheers for reading folks.

Nick

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Nervous about the big reveal
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:34:49 PM »
What's not to like.  Keep it smooth, ditch and beanie and show it with pride and confidence.  It is your decision and your hairstyle.  Others are probably jealous.
Roger

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
Welcome , if you like the feel and look of a shaved head keep it. It looks good on you and it's your head. Give it 30 days and see how it goes.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 02:34:46 AM »
Looks great buddy. It was meant to be. People will react, it's human nature but then they have to respect your decision if that the way you're gonna keep it. Sooner or later they'll just come to accept it as you.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 05:50:37 AM »
you look fine.  with such a change people do have to make a comment and in short it will be you with shaven head and not a mo or full head of blond hair. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 06:39:36 AM »
Hi Nick, if you like it, that's what counts, wear it with some confidence.

One thing I did after first shaving my head, go out to places like malls, a pub, stores. People don't know you, so they only see a bald guy. Get used to being in public and show off that shaved head.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:10:06 PM by reddog »
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 07:49:58 AM »
Welcome, Nick! It looks good, and if you like it, that's all that matters. Everyone else will come around eventually, if not, then that's their problem/loss.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 08:50:15 AM »
Looks fantastic Nick, no need to hide it away

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 08:48:10 AM »
looks great. manly as hell.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 10:42:12 AM »
It looks good any you like it.  We have all been there when we started and the fear of reactions was with all of us.  I doesn't really matter if we started with full blown MBP, a full head of hair, or even years of wearing a hair piece, the fear is still there.

Take it slow if you like.  Go places where you are not likely to see people that know you and show off the cool looking dome.  It will make it easier when you do see people that know you.  The more you remove the beanie, the easier it will become.  Soon, you will be proud to show it off.

BTW - I would be more nervous about a mohawk than a shaved head, but that is likely because I am too old.
SlyBeard

Offline bbc2012

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »
The shaved head suits you. Keep it if you like it. People will get used to your bald head very soon. Even your parents will get used to your bald head. Although I started shaving my head in 2012, my parents still do not like my bald head. But they stopped making any comments about my bald and bearded look.

Offline BBC_Chicken

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 08:40:54 AM »
Cheers for all the comments guys. Still bald lol... shaved it a few times which has been interesting. Need to perfect the art of this still I think!!!!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »
I think it looks fine.

Maybe grow a beard?

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 07:23:57 PM »
Most of us were nervous about what others will think.  I had mostly positive reactions, I'm sure you will too. If you like it others will to
Larry the bald guy