Author Topic: A curse and a blessing  (Read 4648 times)

Offline KeeperOfTheBeard

• Keeper of The Beard
  • Sly Jr.
    • Midwest Beard and Moustache Club
A curse and a blessing
« on: June 14, 2008, 11:25:42 PM »
The only annoyance I have found with being sly is when I am at the gym - no hair to stop the sweat from rolling into my eyes!

But at the same time it's really great to cool down fast after working out.  Maybe I will bring the 80's terry cloth headband back in style!   :*))

"You don't have a soul - you are a soul - you have a body"

Midwest Beard and Moustache Club

BALDANDRE

Re: A curse and a blessing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 11:29:34 PM »
Aww, yes with such a good choice in a handsome "haircut" we all must know it comes with a very high price..

salty sweat in the 'ol eyes..

it's a cross we must bear!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 03:29:08 AM »
The only annoyance I have found with being sly is when I am at the gym - no hair to stop the sweat from rolling into my eyes!

But at the same time it's really great to cool down fast after working out.  Maybe I will bring the 80's terry cloth headband back in style!   :*))

It's also nice not to have a lot of wet hair clinging to your scalp while you're working out.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 02:20:16 PM »
It's nice to know the sly guys can't bring lice to the party!  Nits have no place to live on a fully smooth scalp.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »
Yeah, I've found the need to wear a bandanna underneath my hockey helmet to keep the sweat from just rolling into my eyes. A small price to pay for look and feel of being Sly, though.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Scotsman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Sucks with glasses, I was outside today and had to keep rubbing the sweat off :\
Makes me wonder if the headband industry is kept alive by sly guys.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »
Wear one of these ;) :

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 09:34:32 AM »
If I'm sparring and wear a head guard I will wear a sweat band underneath to stop this.
Most of the time I don't wear a handband when training but it does work if I do (it just doesn't look right).

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 05:19:59 PM »

It's also nice not to have a lot of wet hair clinging to your scalp while you're working out.

Also being sly is WAY better than worrying if your scalp is showing through thinning hair.  The sly man can stay focused 110% on his workout.  That's why SBG's are so much more buff!!   :)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Enter your email address: