Author Topic: Better shave after some growth?  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Better shave after some growth?
« on: September 10, 2016, 01:02:31 PM »
I got lazy and didn't shave my head for four days. But actually, I shaved today and had one of my best shaves yet. I'm sitting here right now with a head as smooth as a baby's ass. Has anyone else experienced this after a few days?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Better shave after some growth?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 03:00:08 PM »
I usually shave every third or fourth day depending on my work schedule. I agree with you that my better shaves have come after waiting a few days to get the perfect amount of stubble.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 03:23:22 PM »
Yes.  That's why i now shave about every three days.  As I am retired I don't have to front up to work.
Roger

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 06:19:40 PM »
Yes, and I think that is especially true for guys that shave with a multi blade cartridge razor.  I give enough hair for the fist blades to pull the hair a bit so the last bald can cut it below skin level.  I am not sure if the DE shavers see the same result, maybe one of those guys will comment.
SlyBeard

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 01:10:13 AM »
It always feels much more satisfying when shaving after a few days growth, can't beat it!

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 04:48:38 AM »
I typically use a safety razor but also have a ton of experience with 2, 3, & 4 blade carts.  Basically across the board I cannot have hair longer then a "no guard clipper buzz" regardless of what took I am using to mow it down.  In terms of cartridges I do find that the 2 blade is much more forgiving on longer hair then the 3 or 4 blades carts.  For DEs I've found I can maybe go one extra day if I am using my open comb because it does not clog up at all.

Also, in case any of you are not DE users, you go about a proper wet shave with a single blade differently then a regular cartridge shave.  A proper wet shave calls for typically 3+ passes with fresh lather each time to promote gradual reduction vs immediate removal.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 11:00:04 AM »
I agree that if I let my hair grow for couple of days I get a closer shave.  I use a cartridge, so I have to rinse more often for longer hair.  I always have to shave twice to get a good close shave because my hair is very thick and I'm BBC so I have a lot of it.  Even though I get a better shave after a couple of days I still prefer to shave my head every day.  Just can't beat that feeling!