Author Topic: The great head shape debate!  (Read 218633 times)

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
Re: The great head shape debate!
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »
I can feel  how my confident is growing  :D

William from Sweden.

I'm from Finland. Us Scandinavians are thoroughly fucked when it comes to genes that cause hairloss.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »
anyway, here's my head shape profile, if it works!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2008, 07:19:25 PM »

I just have this feeling that ppl are already treating me differently now that I have a close buzz (I used to have long hair) and it won't get any better when I'll to shave it all off!

That's where you're wrong.  It will get a lot better once you shave it all off. 

I disagree strongly, especially with my headshape and pale skin. There's this young bald dude in the group I play soccer with, and he truly looks like he has cancer! And don't get me wrong, I try to see something good in every bald guy I see. The guy is like Nostradamus with his milk white skin (which I have too btw). That is one of the reasons I'm scared going all the way.

Yep-yep, there comes a point where you just have to decide that this is something you either are or are not going to do.  You basically have two choices:

1.  Shave your head and either love your new look, or decide it's not for you and 2 weeks later your hair is back, no harm is done, or

2.  Spend the rest of your life unhappy about your hair loss, afraid to try shaving it off, and wondering if you should have given it a go.

I know which choice sounds more attractive to me.

You never know until  you try.  Worst case scenario is that you don't like it and it takes two weeks to grow back.  It's a risk well worth taking; even if you don't like it at least you'll know, instead of always wondering if you should have tried it or not.  I really recommend giving it a try -- as soon as possible, because that's the only way to stop the torture for once and for all.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:41:14 PM by RazorX »

Offline Standgeblase

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2008, 08:47:04 PM »
I feel you, fellow Scandinavians. I had a Swede for a lil while, and she fell in love with my long hair. I came back a month or two later, and I believe she was appalled. I wasn't balding so much then, but now...I guess I should feel good about being American and boning a Swede (lifelong dream), but now I just feel empty. But hey, if your genes are all messed up, then those beautiful girls gotta be used to it!

Anyways, I'll get pics up sooner or later. My head's okay I think, maybe a lil lumpy.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »

Great shape Rob!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Standgeblase

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2008, 10:15:57 PM »

William from Sweden.

Oh and my inspiration for being confident is all the bald dudes in Sweden with the most ridiculously good looking girls. Man I miss Stockholm. The girls have very thin hair as well, huh?

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2008, 07:12:39 AM »

Great shape Rob!

thanks Nick - was beginning to wonder whether this WAS a thread about headshape any more!! ;D

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »

William from Sweden.

I'm from Finland. Us Scandinavians are thoroughly f**ked when it comes to genes that cause hairloss.

You don't look remotely bald, and it kind of gets me angry when you whine about it, especially considering I myself am only 18 and barely have any hair on my head, so if anyone gets ti bitch about being bald I think it's the balding kid, ie, me.   :XX

Offline IRDSM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
Hi. 18 here. I'm bald by choice. My hair was thick and annoying before. Now I look at myself and see that my head is flat, and my ears stick out too much for the bald look. And the funny thing is, I don't care! I feel above criticizing. I feel confident and don't worry about it. Screw all the superficial stuff. This is me, in my purest form. I don't worry about how it looks, because it feels good, and it makes me feel free. (and I like touching my scalp  O:O ???)

AND HOLY CRAP LOOKAT THE GLARE!!!1!!!111!!!!one!!!

lol

I just finished my 3rd  head shave an hour ago (3rd in my life) and my scalp is irritated but no cuts that I know of. Still having trouble getting the stubble off (you know that stuff that stick around if you rub against the grain) but I'ma go pick up a higher quality shaving cream, some sunblock and some moisturizers later today.

Later,
Dan

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2008, 02:57:11 PM »

Hi. 18 here. I'm bald by choice. My hair was thick and annoying before. Now I look at myself and see that my head is flat, and my ears stick out too much for the bald look. And the funny thing is, I don't care! I feel above criticizing. I feel confident and don't worry about it. Screw all the superficial stuff. This is me, in my purest form. I don't worry about how it looks, because it feels good, and it makes me feel free. (and I like touching my scalp  O:O ???)

Now here's someone who gets what being sly is all about! O0  The man is wise beyond his years! O:O

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2008, 03:01:08 PM »

Now here's someone who gets what being sly is all about! O0  The man is wise beyond his years! O:O
And, my I add, wrong on the "flat" and "ears".  He looks fine. O:O O:O it suits him well.  Like almost every guy who's been there he's tougher on himself than can be reasonably justfied by the facts.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2008, 04:40:22 PM »
Now I look at myself and see that my head is flat, and my ears stick out too much for the bald look. And the funny thing is, I don't care! I feel above criticizing. I feel confident and don't worry about it. Screw all the superficial stuff. This is me, in my purest form. I don't worry about how it looks, because it feels good, and it makes me feel free. (and I like touching my scalp  O:O ???)

[img width=500 height=375]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/Pea-brain/DCFN00213.jpg[/img

Very smooth nice looking bald head you got there Dan.

SLY was calling and you answered boldly I must say!

Stay bald my bro...it suits ya! O0 O0 O0

Offline BJ

• Sly
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2008, 05:17:42 PM »
Dan is the MAN! Congrats to you dude.
yep_yep, stop, look and listen to Dan's post.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2008, 09:39:10 AM »

William from Sweden.

I'm from Finland. Us Scandinavians are thoroughly f**ked when it comes to genes that cause hairloss.

You don't look remotely bald, and it kind of gets me angry when you whine about it, especially considering I myself am only 18 and barely have any hair on my head, so if anyone gets ti bitch about being bald I think it's the balding kid, ie, me.   :XX

I agree all the way, BB. I have commented on his (yep yep)whining in the past myself and I usually ignore it. But enough already. Make a darn decision and get yourself together. Man up and grab your supposed sac and do something about it! Enough of your BS.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
Yep: what xnewyawka said.  Just do somethin about it and stop whinging! >:(