Author Topic: An ode to the HeadBlade  (Read 11985 times)

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: An ode to the HeadBlade
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 05:22:30 PM »
i'm scared to use my headblade...i'm used to the fusion now and dont want to cut up the egg during the week...gonna shave friday and saturday with it though and see how it goes....
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 06:10:03 PM »
Good suggestion.  Did the same thing, glad I did, got a nick or two but only because I needed to learn to handle it Took a little getting used to but can't get as close or stay close longer with any other blade. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 06:13:41 PM »
remember to keep pressure on the back of the headblade. 
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 06:29:27 PM »
remember to keep pressure on the back of the headblade. 

THAT is the key. Whether it's the Sport model with the wheels or the Classic with the little plastic nub, you can't emphasize enough the importance of keeping pressure on the back of the Head Blade. After I went running today, I shaved the head and I could have set a record on how quickly I did it, all without cutting my head. I'm guessing I'm gaining confidence in my technique, but I can't imagine doing a more effective job with anything except a HeadBlade.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

spaceape48

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »
What kind of blade are you guys using? I like the idea of it, but the damn cartridges clog with hair so easily that I spend more time trying to clean the thing than shaving. Since I've graduated to using pieces of broken glass and old rusty razor blades. Now thats a closness you can feel, especially around the neck.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 07:17:53 PM »
What kind of blade are you guys using? I like the idea of it, but the damn cartridges clog with hair so easily that I spend more time trying to clean the thing than shaving. Since I've graduated to using pieces of broken glass and old rusty razor blades. Now thats a closness you can feel, especially around the neck.

Here you go: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=914.0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 07:19:50 PM »

How often are you shaving?  I don't seem to be getting any clogging at all, but I shave every day.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »
I use the triple blade.  Sounds like your a sink shaver.  This was discussed in another topic but can't remember where.  Best advice: shave in the shower.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »

Since I've graduated to using pieces of broken glass and old rusty razor blades. Now thats a closness you can feel, especially around the neck.

We've got another witty one amongst us, gang....

I like it O0

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 07:33:40 PM »
I use the triple blade.  Sounds like your a sink shaver.  This was discussed in another topic but can't remember where.  Best advice: shave in the shower.

Another good point. Using the water from the shower head helps get the lather & stubble out from the HB razor much better than tapping it in the sink.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

spaceape48

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 11:57:51 PM »
O0

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
I am a sink shaver myself, and find that that is a pretty big problem as well, keeping the Blades from Clogging up.  Since Switching to HeadSlick I have Noticed that it is easier to keep them clear.  The fact is that I would kill to be able to shave in the shower, but I am one of those that Needs to Shave in front of a Mirror.  Untill I get underway, and get a place of my own, I think I am just going to have to innovate a good way to keep the Blades clear. 
Peace

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »
Mr. Clean, dude just go to wal mart or something and pick up a cheap mirror for the shower. makes a big difference.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »
I will waite... Two more months and I am out to Boot, so I might as well just chill untill I get to a little more permanent lodging.  sink is not all that bad, just got to get the formula right: Tap Tap Shake, Tap, with a Shake  O0
Peace

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 05:48:50 PM »
I too use the HeadBlade and love it.  I use the Alta blades and an old toothbrush to clean it out (yes, I'm a sink shaver).  Water at full blast and one swipe from side to side with the brush and the razor looks and cuts like new.  I must be behind the curve because it's taken me a week to to get the hang of it.