Author Topic: What & when was your first head-shave experience ?  (Read 20703 times)

Offline half-shaved

• Sly Jr.
Re: What & when was your first head-shave experience ?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »
ahhh, but what a glorious week it was... 8)

as an aside...I love the smiley set here, any way I can get it without infringing on anything?

Offline TXFergie

• Sly Jr.
  • TXFergie on Day two of being shorn
    • TXFergie's MySpace Page!!
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 10:04:19 AM »
My actual first-time was in 1990 when I was deployed to Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Shield/Storm. We were in the middle of the desert and didn't go into any town much so we all just kept it down with a set of clippers and no guards. A couple of times, I actually took a blade to it and it was nice, but it wa uncomfortable when wearing my Kevlar helmet. I have always kept it short since I got out of the army in 1996. Just last week, I finally took the blade to it again and looks like I'll be staying sly for quite some time.

And the wife LOVES it...and I mean REALLY loves it...... ;)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 10:12:19 PM »
ahhh, but what a glorious week it was... 8)

O0 :*)) :*)) :*))
Peace

Offline Socrates

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 10:17:50 PM »
My first time was an accident.  I was so hyped about being like Isaac Hayes, that I took a single bladed razor and shaved the top of my head (just a patch) and it started bleeding all over the place.  My family was outside in the front, so I tried whispering for my mother to come inside.  But, luck dictated that she would yell at me to come to her, and when she saw my head I got my butt tore up.  :Xo!  Then she hugged me.  Needless to say, my siblings and friends had the laugh of a life time.  By the way, I was 9yrs old then.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 05:41:46 PM »
Nice, I think that that is the collective reaction... Mom's always seam to reem the living daylights out of you and let your sibs sit and watch. I think its just them trying to make a example of us, because they know that if one has done it, the look could multiply as everyone wants to be Sly  O:O
Peace

Offline slowhand

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 06:08:10 PM »
31 hours ago to be exact. Took the fusion to it in the shower and haven't looked back since >:D.
It wasen't too bad really other than one small cut, but it wasen't bleeding profusely or anything. After I finished I discovered quite a bit of eczema on the back of my head, but I'm using Nizoral and it's clearing it up quite nicely.
The only problem is that I can't stop rubbing my head now, but better my head than... nevermind ;D
"there ain't nothing like exploding
if you've got something to explode" - Matt Good

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 09:09:49 PM »

The only problem is that I can't stop rubbing my head now, but better my head than... nevermind ;D
Coolhand, may I recommend the Thread Titled: Shave Your...  that sounds like its right down your alley my friend! 
Peace

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 07:17:20 AM »
Congrats!!! Liberating isn't it? You're rockin the SLY very well (as we knew you would). Welcome to the brotherhood!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 12:26:50 AM »
Couple of hours ago.  Described in the "Usual story" thread.

Nice, I think that that is the collective reaction... Mom's always seam to reem the living daylights out of you and let your sibs sit and watch. I think its just them trying to make a example of us, because they know that if one has done it, the look could multiply as everyone wants to be Sly  O:O

Actually, my mom's reaction was positive.  She told me I looked "educated" and "hipster."  My little sister wouldn't even stop playing her Wii game to bother with a reaction. :)

Offline slowhand

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2007, 07:58:03 AM »

Actually, my mom's reaction was positive.  She told me I looked "educated" and "hipster."  My little sister wouldn't even stop playing her Wii game to bother with a reaction. :)

My mom was very positive about my decision too, I wonder if that means that the authoritative figures in this world are finally starting to cave! Finally the freedom to do as I please without fear of prosecution! b!@)
"there ain't nothing like exploding
if you've got something to explode" - Matt Good

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2007, 05:11:46 PM »
You guys got lucky!  Congrats on getting by that firing squad!  @nn!3
Peace

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
7/27/1995..Just finally said screw it. I had been wanting to do it for a long time.

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2007, 03:28:42 AM »
my first experience was in 1982 25 years ago 
Long hair was very populair at that time butt i like the Telly Savalas look and ask my barber to shave it well he smiles and likes to do it.
Nothing better than one sharp blade

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2007, 08:04:06 AM »
My first time shaving completely clean was in May of 05.  Just shaved it and got a sun burn and let it grow back.  The first time with 0 guard on clippers was in 1982.  I had been playing in a punk rock band and needed to recover from a mohawk hair cut so I could join a country band.  They liked my playing but not my haircut.  Go figure!
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2007, 11:37:15 AM »
My first time shaving completely clean was in May of 05.  Just shaved it and got a sun burn and let it grow back.  The first time with 0 guard on clippers was in 1982.  I had been playing in a punk rock band and needed to recover from a mohawk hair cut so I could join a country band.  They liked my playing but not my haircut.  Go figure!
Dude, got any Photos of that! r*%
Talk about Just a little bit country, Just a little Bit Punk Rock  B@%d O0
Peace

Enter your email address: