Author Topic: Headblade  (Read 14692 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
Headblade
« on: January 22, 2007, 12:23:46 AM »
Question for Headblade users,

I bought a Headblade 18 months ago, i tried using it once, but i prefer using the mach3, iam wonding how do you get a good shave with the headblade, i found the headbalde akward to use

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
Re: Headblade
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:29:46 AM »
My experience is limited because I only recently started shaving, but I have had a great shave the 4 or 5 times I have shaved.  Though I do use a Mach 3 for the areas around my ears.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 12:35:14 AM »
The main key is to keep pressure on the back of the HeadBlade, not on the razor side.  Also, when you're getting used to it, take it slow, don't hurry.

Here's a couple other links that have some good information also:

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=213.0

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=422.0

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=166.0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline fcb2001

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:43:16 AM »
i have the two blade headblade, where can i by the new headbalde

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:15:17 AM »
i have the two blade headblade, where can i by the new headbalde

You must have the classic? 

You can buy the sport at HeadBlade.com.  But, you may be able to just add a different attachment to add the triple blades if you're looking to do that.  That is also available at HeadBlade.com.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 08:03:42 AM »
The most important thing and I think the most common mistake with the HeadBlade is the application of pressure. You can't put any pressure on the blade, it has to go to the rear of the HeadBlade
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Clay

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 09:46:30 PM »
I've had my share of nicks with the Headblade but the more you practice the better you will get.  Welcome aboard.

Offline HEADBLADE@MYSPACE

• Sly Jr.
  • www.myspace.com/headblade
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 07:36:56 PM »
a very informative video is located @ www.headblade.com, titled headblade 101

the headblade sport is also a class above the classic. the wheels on the sport almost make it impossbile to nick your head.

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 09:26:37 PM »
i bought the sport at walgreens and all i can say about getting use to it is practice makes perfect so dont give up keep trying

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 04:03:57 PM »
After originally reading this post I decided to pay closer attention to the blades to see how much hair they were retaining after a rinse.  Now, it is no Mach 3, but I didn't find it to be all that bad.  I do however use the 3 bladed ones, not sure if that makes much of a difference.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 04:27:21 PM »
After originally reading this post I decided to pay closer attention to the blades to see how much hair they were retaining after a rinse.  Now, it is no Mach 3, but I didn't find it to be all that bad.  I do however use the 3 bladed ones, not sure if that makes much of a difference.

I've found that using the triple blade is more forgiving than the double blades, meaning you can be a little less cautious about knicking yourself.  Though, the triple blades do "grab" a little more when shaving, so it's easier if you shave everyday versus every other day.

Offline fcb2001

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
Iasm going to buy the new headblade when payday comes either thru headblade.com or at Walgreens or Walmart on Friday

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 08:33:15 AM »
I've found that using the triple blade is more forgiving than the double blades, meaning you can be a little less cautious about knicking yourself.

That's why I dig on the Fusion with the 5 friggen blades, man

I dig the sound it makes--specially against the grain---...almost like scratching a vinyl record album.   "Zzzzzip.....zzzzzip....zzzzip"  ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:35:23 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 05:18:46 AM »
I tried the HeadBlade now for the first time but it was more difficult then I thought.
The back was kind of hard to shave and especially the sides weren't easy at all. So I had to shave back and sides with a Mach3 again because I like it completly smooth.

I shaved on friday after a long time not shaving the head at all. Two days later ... today ... I shaved again and now I have some nicks ... damn.

But as you all say that the HeadBlade is very good (got the classic) I will keep shaving with it and hope that I get used to it.
Maybe it is just not that easiest when you try the HadBlade for the first time.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 07:39:53 AM »
I tried the HeadBlade now for the first time but it was more difficult then I thought.
The back was kind of hard to shave and especially the sides weren't easy at all. So I had to shave back and sides with a Mach3 again because I like it completly smooth.

I shaved on friday after a long time not shaving the head at all. Two days later ... today ... I shaved again and now I have some nicks ... damn.

But as you all say that the HeadBlade is very good (got the classic) I will keep shaving with it and hope that I get used to it.
Maybe it is just not that easiest when you try the HadBlade for the first time.

Hey Christian; I found that the first time I tried the HeadBlade it was a little difficult to use, but I also didn't like the Gillette Atra blades that it used. I found that the sensor blades work much better. If you call or e-mail Mac at mac@headblade.com he will send you the sensor adaptors for free. It just takes a little time to develop your own technique, I've been using the HeadBlade for a little over a year now, and I love it, especially with their own tripple blades now.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader