Author Topic: Let's not forget Shaving Oil  (Read 20231 times)

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
Re: Let's not forget Shaving Oil
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 02:53:23 PM »
I got some KOS oil just the other day, I use it in conjunction with the Headslick.  On a side note, my local WalMart has apparently quit carrying the HeadLube.  There wasn't any there, and no spot on the shelf.  Bastards.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 08:47:38 PM »
A sidenote to Medic's sidenote, I found HeadLube at a local Sally Beauty Supply store while the wife was looking for hair dye. I asked the clerk if that was all they carried of the HB line, and she didn't even know they had it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »
A sidenote to Medic's sidenote, I found HeadLube at a local Sally Beauty Supply store while the wife was looking for hair dye. I asked the clerk if that was all they carried of the HB line, and she didn't even know they had it.

That's good to know!  I'll have to check the Sally Beauty Supply here.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 08:50:37 PM »
Is it just me, or should a SBG even be stepping in a store called "Sally Beauty Supply"?  ???

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 08:52:06 PM »
Is it just me, or should a SBG even be stepping in a store called "Sally Beauty Supply"?  ???

Only if they carry Head Shaving supplies!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 09:06:22 PM »
Whew!  0#

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 08:18:35 PM »
Thanks for the HB HeadSlick & KOS combo tip...

I've tried KOS on it's own before on my face, with so-so results, but I never thought to use it on my head.... and in combination with HB HeadSlick.... GREAT IDEA!!!!

I'll DEFINTELY try it tomorrow morning!

Live and learn! Thanks!

All the best,

Tony
Tried the KOS alpha oil about an hour ago. pretty good stuff. only thing was that to keep the head wet, it seemed like it made the oil less effective. did half the head with just oil and half with HB Headslick over oil. worked VERY well with the combo. think i have another staple in the shaving process. over all, it seems worth the three bucks. it only takes a little bit to cover the nogin. just my thoughts. PAUL

Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 07:43:16 AM »
Thanks for the tip guys!!!!!

This morning I had my best shave ever with an HB Sport and an HB Triple blade (not my favorite blade).

I applied 4-5 drops of KOS Alpha and a little water, rubbed it in good, then applied the HeadSlick, and had the SMOOOOOTHEST, COOOOOLEST, CLOOOOSEST shave ever with an HB....

I think the extra lubrication provided by the combo of Water, HeadSlick Shaving Cream, and KOS Alpha Oil will make ANY blade perform much, much better....

I Definitely will try this out tomorrow with my HB Classic and Sensor Excel double (My favorite Blade cart. for HB at the moment).

Hope that his helps guys!

Tony
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 07:51:48 AM »

Only if they carry Head Shaving supplies!!

Man law........ :D

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 07:52:39 AM »
second that. :popo

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2007, 11:08:13 AM »
Interesting idea, mixing different oils....

Making an emulsion with water and a mix of different viscosity oils will DEFINITELY cut  down on the blade friction and improve the shave.

IMHO the important part of the equation is applying a good shaving cream over the oil(s).

I've read that some guys use baby oil... which is usually a very mild mineral oil...

Applying an emulsion of Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, &/or Baby Oil, &/or Olive Oil AND WATER as a base on the old "chrome dome" and then applying a good layer Shaving Cream, like HB HeadSlick, will reduce FRICTION, improve the performance of the blade(s) and give a really CLOOOOSE, SMOOOOOTH, COOOOOL shave...

Hey guys! look what's in King Of Shaves Alpha Oil!

Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf Juice), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil (Tea Tree), Tocopheryl Acetate, Menthol, CI 61565 (Green 6)

There is also a King of Shaves Kinexium ST Shaving Oil which is supposed to be even better (and more expensive $12.00) than KOS Alpha.

It's ingredients are:

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil, Pinus Palustris Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Farnesol, Linalool, Limonene.

Anyone want to play "Mad Scientist"!?!

4-5 drops KOS(either grade shaving oil), 4-5 drops baby Oil, 4-5 drops Virgin Oilive Oil + Water

HB HeadSlick Shaving Cream... voila... Perrrrrrrfect, Smoooooth, Cloooooose, Cooool, HeadShave!!!!

All the best,

Tony
I was curious enough about the tea tree oil to give it a shot.  Expensive stuff man!  $12 CAD for a 25 ml bottle! So I got home (to the motel) and decided to shave.  I applied 10 drops evenly smeared across my head and boy did it sting...  and stink!  HOLY CRAP!  It was way too dry to shave with so I applied another 10 drops.  The smell was horrible and there was no way I was gonna put anymore of that stinging, stinking crap on my head.  So I dipped my HB in mineral oil and that worked out not too bad.  It got nice and close.... really close.
Has anyone else tried the tea tree oil?  Any suggestions?
Tea Tree oil isn't meant to be used by itself but it is amazing stuff.  Try mixing it with another oil like Olive Oil or Eucalyptus Oil.  Olive Oil is cheap and found most anywhere.  I am serious about the Olive Oil.  It is one of the first ingredients listed on Hot Six Oil.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 11:51:15 AM by tgparker »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2007, 11:22:56 AM »
i mixed the kos with the headslick. worked well. olive oil works as well( plus it attracts women that like italian food)  ;) >:D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2007, 04:53:52 PM »
i mixed the kos with the headslick. worked well. olive oil works as well( plus it attracts women that like italian food)  ;) >:D

I think Paul is looking to get more head licks!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2007, 06:34:42 PM »
and what gives you that idea? :*))

BaldRob

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »

Or better yet, it will attract Italian women...  :@`