Author Topic: WOW!  (Read 10591 times)

Offline Hawk

• Sly
WOW!
« on: January 07, 2007, 05:55:04 PM »
Well, I did some research on electric razors and bought the "Braun 360 Complete", which is Model 8985.  It was $145  :o, but after using it for the first time on my face and head today it is well worth it and lives up to the hype.  I'm very impressed.  My head is actually smoother than when I used the Mach 3 razor on it and it took about a total of 2 mins.  I'm in LOVE!  ;D  Just thought I would share the good news in case any of you want to try it out.  By the way, it cleans itself, which is kinda cool.

HERE IS THE LINK:
http://www.braun.com/na/360complete/360complete.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 05:59:14 PM by Chicken Hawk »

Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: WOW!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:04:04 PM »
Had several electrics in HS and College - Never liked any of them.  The last one I had was a triple header and never missed it once it died.  Best one I had was a cheapy Braun - battery powered - that I kept in the Jeep.  I bought it for $10 at K-Mart.  Was great for evening touch-ups
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »
Hawk, thanks for letting us know about the Braun!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 06:44:13 PM »
Hawk, thanks for letting us know about the Braun!!

No problem.  It's a little pricey, but it does a good job with no messy clean up.  I'll let you guys know if it turns out to be a piece of junk.   ;D
Hawk

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 07:57:56 PM »
. . . I'm very impressed.  My head is actually smoother than when I used the Mach 3 razor on it

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout....thanks for the info.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »
My head is actually smoother than when I used the Mach 3 razor on it and it took about a total of 2 mins. 

What?! You're saying you get better results and a smoother head with an electric razor rather than with the Mach 3? How can this be? I guess I'll have to look into it. It certainly would be more enjoyable (no cuts, less irritation) shaving with an electric. Let us know if it really lives up to your expectations and if it really shaves smoother than the Mach 3, will you?

Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
For quite a while I shaved with a cheaper rechargable razor.  The convenience was definately better, but lacked in quality.  On the plus side, you could easily shave two or three times during the day when the stubs came up.

However, I gave up on electrics when the foil screen wore out while I was shaving.  Had two or three holes in it.  Hurt like hell, but I finished the job.  Had big red streaks on the back of my head for a day or so.

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 11:21:19 AM »
My head is actually smoother than when I used the Mach 3 razor on it and it took about a total of 2 mins. 

What?! You're saying you get better results and a smoother head with an electric razor rather than with the Mach 3? How can this be? I guess I'll have to look into it. It certainly would be more enjoyable (no cuts, less irritation) shaving with an electric. Let us know if it really lives up to your expectations and if it really shaves smoother than the Mach 3, will you?

I will keep you posted for sure!  Well........Day two...........I jumped out of bed and shaved head and face.  This shaver is impressive!  The cleaning mode is very cool too.  After I got out of the shower the wife walked by and rubbed my head and went "WOW...that is smoother than what the razor did".  We might have found a winner.  I will keep you guys posted.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 11:23:11 AM by Chicken Hawk »
Hawk

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »
Playing the devil's advocate here, I really have a hard time believing that an electric can get anywhere near as close as a blade.  ???  Maybe technology has come along way since my last electric...  which was in 1988 I believe!   ;D

Seriously though, I never was able to get a close shave (at the time only my face) with an electric... and I always used one of the top o' the line Norelco.  The electrics could barely touch my beard and I've always had better luck with the good ol' Gillettes!

But if it works better for you, then great find!  ;D

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 11:33:31 AM »
Playing the devil's advocate here, I really have a hard time believing that an electric can get anywhere near as close as a blade.  ???  Maybe technology has come along way since my last electric...  which was in 1988 I believe!   ;D

Seriously though, I never was able to get a close shave (at the time only my face) with an electric... and I always used one of the top o' the line Norelco.  The electrics could barely touch my beard and I've always had better luck with the good ol' Gillettes!

I was in the same boat Rob.  I had the receipt put in a convienient place so I could return that baby if it didn't do what it claimed.  To be honest, I am shocked.  Something wierd though.....it gets my head smoother than my face????  I have a thick beard though.  Another buddy of mine that shaves his head recommended it and said you won't believe it till you try it.  He was right.
Hawk

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »

I was in the same boat Rob.  I had the receipt put in a convienient place so I could return that baby if it didn't do what it claimed.  To be honest, I am shocked.  Something wierd though.....it gets my head smoother than my face????  I have a thick beard though.  Another buddy of mine that shaves his head recommended it and said you won't believe it till you try it.  He was right.

Well, that actually makes sense since hair is typically finer than whiskers...  maybe one day when I lose my stubborness, I'll give it a shot! ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 12:52:55 PM »
I found that my head gets much more smooth with an electric than my face does.  Though, I am amazed how well an electric does, for me, it still doesn't provide as close of shave as the HeadBlade I'm using.  Actually, I can't even use an electric on my face without causing noticable irritation.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 02:21:19 PM »
I gave up on electrics a long time ago. Period...I have quite an extensive collection of my great grandad's old electrics though. I'll never get rid of 'em because of the sentimental value though.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »
My last electric was a Norelco Triple Header (like the one Santa use to ride in the old commercial).  I did not get razor burn on my face from it, but did have to shave again in the evening if I were going out.  Nothing like my Fusion  .... but damned the cost of the blades
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 12:22:13 AM »
I use an electric and while a regular razor may get slightly closer(mainly against the grain), the difference is so minimal that when you factor you can shave without a mirror and that for the most part it has eliminated all cuts/irritation it's worth it.   
bald for life

Enter your email address: