Author Topic: moles  (Read 7964 times)

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
moles
« on: December 10, 2006, 03:28:27 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to the 'bald-scene' given that I just recently started shaving my head (3th day now). My Male-pattern baldness kept it trimmed for the past few years but I finally bit the bullet.

My big problem though: moles. I have like 2-3 moles (more like bumps 1 of them) on my head which understandably get nicked everytime I shave and they bleed like hell. Needless to say, even when I shave nicely and manage to stop the flow with a styptic pencil it still isn't a nice sight. :(

What to do?? I don't have my camera with me right now (my mother borrowed it) but once I have I'll post some pictures of the few bad areas.

Thx.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: moles
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 03:34:30 PM »
welcome sbg.  i have a couple too. after a little while they flattened out. maybe i scraped the top off, i don't know. but they hardly ever get nicked any more. you can always go to a dermatologist and get them removed as well. hope this helps. look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:39:49 PM »
I do hope so. :)

I've been thinking about straight rasoring them off 'by accident' but they're not of such shape that it would be possible IMO.  ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 04:52:56 PM »
SBG, welcome to Sly Bald Guys.  I also recommend talking to a dermatologist prior to cutting them off yourself.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 09:31:05 AM »
Welcome to SBG

The best thing to do is to use a ton of gel or shaving cream on the mole.

Then SLOWLY AND GENTLY, go over the mole. The key here is to APPLY AS LITTLE PRESSURE AS POSSIBLE to the area around the mole. Think of a piece of cotton hitting a peice of felt.

If you cut it, but neosporin or bacetracin on it and don't shave for a few days.

Noner

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 11:12:57 AM »
I can happily report that my moles are adapting. I guess they learned to toughen up, hehe.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 11:48:29 AM »
As time passes with you shaving your head you naturally start developing better technique to shave without cutting yourself.  I had a few spots on “corners” of my head that I always cut the first few times, but after a month I had no problems.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 12:44:14 PM »
I have an unidentified "bump" at the front of my noggin. Kinda resembles a mole, but not too sure what it is. Anywho, I think it got hacked maybe twice and I haven't had a problem since.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 01:21:44 PM »
Last Wednesday before I did the first shave, I went to my regular doctor and he froze off a couple moles. I have since hit a couple others. Soon they will be leveled. I have an appt with a dermatologist to remove a couple other questionable moles. Never can be too careful with moles.