Author Topic: Question for Head Blade users  (Read 21649 times)

spaceape48

Re: Question for Head Blade users
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 06:57:39 PM »
I realize the issue I have with the HB is 100% the lack of ease getting the clogged hair out of the blades. Its so small there is no way to 'tap' it out like I do with a standard razor. I really have a hard time understanding why everyone likes it so much. Its as if they arent having the blade clogging problem I have.

Nope, I feel your pain. I'm still using the blade that came with mine. I think that may be the problem. I haven't yet tried different blades. My mach three works just fine though. I'm good enough to shave the sided and back of the head without a mirror anymore too- and that's w/o the headblade, so I don't see needing one. Guess I'll hold on to it for my travels or something.

Offline Augie

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 09:12:39 AM »
New guy here and just picked up my HB but been shaving with a Mach 3 for about 2 years. Used it for the 1st time with headslick and my head looked like I took a cheese grater to it. I am trying to get used to the blade but don't want to go to work with a diseased looking head and considering just scrapping the whole headblade. Any suggestions.

BaldRob

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 09:25:59 AM »
New guy here and just picked up my HB but been shaving with a Mach 3 for about 2 years. Used it for the 1st time with headslick and my head looked like I took a cheese grater to it. I am trying to get used to the blade but don't want to go to work with a diseased looking head and considering just scrapping the whole headblade. Any suggestions.

Cheese grater?  That's pretty unusual for the headblade...

Not sure how you shaved with it, but make sure you don't apply pressure when shaving with the headblade.  The weight of the razor itself is enough to give a close shave.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 09:28:27 AM »
Welcome, Augie!.... nice to have you.

I just started shaving my head.  

I like the idea of the headblade and headblade products.  But my wife picked up a Fusion for me and we already had good shaving cream and moisturizing products, so that's what I've been using.

Since it's all working just fine...I really have no reason to order headblade stuff.  The ol' "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing.

That's my take.

Hope you can hang around and interact with the other guys....great gathering of guys (and one gal).  You'll probably get more interaction during the week...but some of the dudes (and dudette) weigh in on the weekend.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 09:35:42 AM »
Rob has a good point....and one I have to remember with my Fusion...DON'T APPLY PRESSURE.

Also, I read up a lot on the pre- and post-shave steps.

Here's a couple articles that helped me

http://ezinearticles.com/?Heads-Up---Ten-Techniques-For-Safely-Shaving-Your-Head&id=118560

http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/pages/tipsshave.htm

http://www.a1-head-shaving.com/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:38:54 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Augie

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 11:38:48 AM »

Cheese grater?  That's pretty unusual for the headblade...

Not sure how you shaved with it, but make sure you don't apply pressure when shaving with the headblade.  The weight of the razor itself is enough to give a close shave.
I think that is what I did was add pressure on the downstoke of the back of my head. Cheese grater I guess is a bit over doing it but it was more nick than when I have used a dull blade. Even my wife commented on the nicks.

Rob,

Thanks for the info, I have some reading to do after the honey do list is done since I have not been home in a few weeks with work.

spaceape48

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 07:15:32 PM »
Try out a normal razor like a mach three just to see if it does the same thing. I had some problems when I first shaved my head for the first few shaves. You have to get your head used to it. It seemed that for me I had to shave down/off some bumps first too. No pain no gain. Nothing like a bloody sink,lol

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »
Be careful with the HeadBlade. It can be tricky.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »
I have only been shaving my head since New Year's (1/1/07), and the HeadBlade Classic is the only razor that has touched my dome. The only nick I have had has been on my ear. I do agree that the key is keeping pressure on the back part of the HB razor (be it a wheel or the plastic nub of the "Classic"). I find it EXTREMELY easy to use and love the results.

Take it from a rookie. HeadBlade rocks!!!!

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Augie

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 07:03:13 PM »
I am going to give it a few more tries, but right now I have been on the road for the last 5 weeks with work. I left it at home and when I get to working local I will give it more of a try.

Offline HEADBLADE@MYSPACE

• Sly Jr.
  • www.myspace.com/headblade
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 07:33:18 PM »
I am going to give it a few more tries, but right now I have been on the road for the last 5 weeks with work. I left it at home and when I get to working local I will give it more of a try.

WATCH THE HEADBLADE 101 VIDEO LOCATED @ WWW.HEADBLADE.COM
THESE TYPE OF COMPLAINTS USUALLY RESULT FROM IMPROPER USE. THE HEADBLADE SPORT IS ALSO ALOT EASIER & TAKES OUT THE GUESSWORK.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 07:38:01 PM »
I just received my headblade sport today.  I couldn't wait to try it out so shaved after work too.  No trouble adapting at all.  I found it to be quite natural.  Although, I still had to use the mach III to scrape up the sideways growing stubble at the back of the crown but I expected that.  If I could twist my wrist in that direction, the hb would do it.
BTW, if Schro is a rookie then I am wet behind the ears.  Well I guess we all are when we're shaving.  Anyway,  O0  O0 If I had another thumb, HB would get it!   ;D
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 07:54:59 PM »
I shave my whole head with the headblade, against the grain.  If you think about the direction your hair grows, rub your hand the way you would with a head blade, it works quite well.  Took me a bit of practice, and a couple nicks around the ears, but now I don't have to touch up with a regular razor after I use the headblade.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2007, 07:15:40 AM »
Oh believe me I tried but my hair is (was) messed.  I've got Alopecia Areata.  I temporarily lose large chunks of hair and sometimes when it grows back, it grows in a new direction.  So now I have a number of different parts and grains to my hair.  The area I need to use the mach III on is a band about an inch and a half wide that runs around the back of my head and the grain is neither up nor down, it is literally sideways.  My head is a mess man, inside & out.   :/O
I will always keep trying though so who knows, maybe one day my wrist will get used to it.  :-\
thanks
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2007, 07:22:41 AM »
I have only been shaving my head since New Year's (1/1/07)

Schro...I'm 13 days behind you in Slyness (1/14/07).....make it an even 2 weeks O0

Enter your email address: