Author Topic: Lasts up to three months??? (Fusion Users)  (Read 3758 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Lasts up to three months??? (Fusion Users)
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:31:17 AM »
Ok. Has anyone noticed on the Fusion refill packs state that a 4 pack will last up to 3 months? How are the figuring this? My calculation put that at a cartridge lasting 22.5 day - over three weeks. I don't know about anyone else, but a cartridge usually last me 7-10 days. Has anyone be able to make these last the stated 3 months?

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Lasts up to three months??? (Fusion Users)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 04:05:04 PM »
I can only get a fusion blade to last about 3 to 4 shaves, where as other Gillette blades will last double that.  It's the reason I've given my wife my fusion and stated using the Sensor blades for all of my shaving.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »
I get about 3 weeks from a Fusion blade, but its not my main headshaving tool either.  I use it on my face and on my head after I Headblade to get the bad angle spots.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 05:16:39 PM »
baldoug.....i am a die-hard fusion (manual) man.  each blade lasts me 5 or 6 shaves & i shave my face & dome with it.  anything after that, i don't get a smooooth shave. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 05:59:52 PM »
baldoug.....i am a die-hard fusion (manual) man.  each blade lasts me 5 or 6 shaves & i shave my face & dome with it.  anything after that, i don't get a smooooth shave. 

WARHAWK O0

Same here.  I would have to be really hairless to get that many shaves out of any blade.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 06:10:45 AM »
I think that the claim of 3 months for a 4pack of Fusion blades is probably taking into account that people will shave their face with it.  >:D

Us Sly guys will give the blades a run for their money. The most I've ever gotten out of a Fusion cartridge is 10 full headshaves. The last 2 felt as I was shaving with a blunt piece of anthracite coal but I managed to eek through it.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 06:19:19 AM »
My 7-10 days is with just shaving my face. The headbalde is my weapon of choice for the dome. I just don't see how they can make a claim like that when it is so unlikely. I'd like to know what kind of math they used to come up with that figure.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 09:49:01 AM »
3 MONTHS sounds more impressive than 7-10 days. :D :D :D :/O

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 01:24:51 PM »
3 MONTHS sounds more impressive than 7-10 days. :D :D :D :/O

WARHAWK O0
If it sounds to good to be true ..............
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: