Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623953 times)

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 06:22:49 PM »
 hipstersaint, thx for that info on the HeadBlade, also Apollo, you brought up another "old school point" I was taught by my father when I started shaving my face in J.R. High. I too use warm/hot water on my head/face/neck before I shave, under the gel, and also let the gel sit a bit, to soften up the area. I think this makes a huge difference with the "shine factor" itself, then the product I spoke of in yet another thread, the Aqua Velva Ice Sport Aftershave...  I love blinding with my smile AND my head lol
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline robert

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Running in the Halls
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 11:00:46 PM »
gilette sensor.  oldskool baby.  well, ok, maybe not straightedge oldskool, but I've grown accustomed to it over the last fifteen years.  Started using my dad's as a kid and just did the wrap around when I decided to shave the nugget too.  I imagine you guys probably have some better razors workin' for ya.  Just a creature of habit I guess.

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 11:13:32 PM »
I'm only one step up from the ole Sensor... and welcome to the forum Robert.  :)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline TheWinman

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2006, 06:59:01 AM »
headblade

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2006, 05:26:06 PM »
Thanks for the response TheWinman and welcome to the forum!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BaldRob

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2006, 05:51:25 PM »
I've been using the Headblade for almost 2 years now... great shave!!  I also got a fog-free mirror and shave in the shower... get all that hot water and steam going and the shave is great!

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 10:14:06 AM »
I tried the HeadBlade a few years ago when it first came out and wasn't real impressed. Mybe it's improved now. I've tried all kinds of different razors, but I always keep going back to the Mach 3. Original...not Turbo. I usually do it right in the shower too.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:15:42 AM by lostnfound21 »

Offline CarlosMIS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2006, 02:15:33 PM »
I actually use 3 razors:

HeadBlade for top and back in or out of the shower, BTW their HeadSlick shaving cream is the best!
The sides I do with the Gillette Fusion, I'm not that good with the HeadBlade there!
Am my faithful Gillette Sensor for trimming around the ears, I do my face with that one too.
Sincerely Bald,
Carlos

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2006, 08:34:43 PM »
I'm a Headblader all the way. They have a great shaving cream and I started using their new exfoliator before I shave and it's pretty awsome.

I'm trying to decide if I should cough up the cash to try their new triple bladed haed. It's pricey, but they might be really good, so far everything else I've tried from them has rocked!
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 07:27:51 AM »
Welcome to the site Vash!!! Thanks for your input, I'm also a headblader for close to two years now. I use the headslick everyday and want to try the headshed exfoliator soon.

Keep it bald, keep it proud
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline baldvinny

• Baron Of The Bald
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • "Feel My F'n GROOVE!"
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 09:03:42 AM »
th HB exfoliator is great...it has a nice subltle buttery smell, and make my head oh-so-smooth

Offline Kristoffer

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »
Headblade, with the Atra Plus refills.  I also like the Bald Guyz moisturizer and head wipes.  Cool and refreshing.

I used the Mach 3, which I still use for my face and side burns and back of the neck.  Still can't seem to get the sharpei are on the back of my head so well, without 4-5 swipes....

- Kristoffer

First time poster, long-time reader.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 12:25:36 PM »
Welcome Kristoffer!!  Thanks for sharing with us.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2006, 03:19:44 AM »
Welcome brothers!!!   :)
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2006, 09:13:02 AM »
I am a pretty faithful HeadBlade user.  I have used the HeadBlade pretty much since it first came out and was only available in the internet and a few obscure shops.  I find that it works the best for me.  But I do tend to do the areas around my ears with the Xtreme3 and the Mach 3 Power.  Gotta say that HeadSlick rocks.  That is my favorite shaving lotion with Kiss My Face a close second!  I also like my noggin to shine.  It kind of does naturally, but I do like HeadLube Glossy!

Enter your email address: